Why do black men like white women so much?
Dating / 7:01 PM - Tuesday December 08, 2009

what is it i've never understood what there obsession is with them, please help a sister out!

I'm a white female who typically dates black guys so that's why i asked this question, i dont understand why there so attracted to the white female. out of like my 15 black guy friends three of them usually date black girls, the rest always choose white. i know a lot of you talked about preference but common isn't it deeper than that? and whats happening to all these black women who want to date black guys, oh yea there single. ive also heard that black guys think of white girls as easy.

For the same reason I like blonds.It's our preference.

Those who are different from us seem more 'exotic' -which is retarded, but that's just me.

And hey -many men seem to have this unhealthy obsession with hispanic and asian women..so bad that they partake in some of their cultural practices...I mean -I have a thing for English dudes..but you don't see me taking up jousting

Men fascinate me sometimes. :D

- Response by jillopo, An Alternative Girl, Female, 66 or older, Peshawar, Other Profession

Good sex?
Or maybe it was because they were forbidden in the days of slavery to even look admiringly at a white woman. Even touching one was punishable by death!
Oh God..I dont know!

- Response by A Trendsetter, Female, 36-45

Some black girls got attitude I suppose!! and then again some white men crazy for his ebony Queen too!!, it's just a preference/attraction, it got nothing to do with race

The answer is you haven't met the one who would crazy about you for who you are, just take it easy and he will show up...soon

Peace

- Response by azianchemistry, A Player, Female, 46-55, San Francisco, Who Cares?

People are naturally drawn to what is different. I am Hispanic with dark hair and dark eyes. My boyfriend of 6 years is dirty blond, really light skinned and has hazel eyes.

- Response by anonymouspersona, A Hippie Chick, Female, 26-28, Miami, Student

It's just a preference. My best guy friend is black and he flat out told me he would never date a black girl, and when I think about it the only girls I've ever seen him w/ were white girls and occasionally a few hispanic girls.
My ex boyfriend is white but he had a thing for puerto rican girls...everyone is different!!

Nobody can answer for all black men. I have heard different things, but not one answer is right or wrong. You like who you like, bottom line. In this day and age I find it hard to believe black women are still asking this.

- Response by lk2mvit, A Life of the Party, Female, 36-45, Other Profession

Are you saying all...?
Not so, it might be your area...or what apparent in your life. I think Men as well as woman have a preference...until they meet a women or man who rocks their world and make them see, what they were missing all along...can enrichy change their view of preference.
As for another post talking about BLK woman having attitude, for being the reason... are you kidding me??
What are we saying white woman are weaker, and have no attitude??? We need to be very careful with words and not to blanket everyone to everything. I am speaking from experience I am bi-racial, dated both ends, I prefer a blk men because of preference but will gladly leave the door open for a white guy or even a polka-dotted dude. I would love the love from any man that acts like one and respects me and WE connect.
As for being a reason, besides 'preference' ...society, has a problem with what they deem as beautiful..we are still conditioned to the barbie thing...or the blond-blue-eyed woman. Seemly, we have advanced somewhat but we still have a long way to go. It could be allot of reasons like some blk men don't see the true-ness of what's considered beautiful for some they are jarred to see beauty as white, light-skinned and not a beautiful dark-skinned woman..it is a concept that's not identified STILL, for the most part...This could be a element for some.

- Response by pinknblu, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

I know one white guy who only likes black women and another white guy who only likes hispanic women...interestingly, both hate their mothers...

- Response by waitinggirl22, A Thinker, Female, Who Cares?, Los Angeles

It bothers me that you really think that this is a question that's worth debating or even posting! Your post lets me know that somehow in your warped thinking, that you deem yourself as a prized possession over the black women that your weak-minded black boyfriends have passed over! Has it ever occurred to you that there, possibly, lies an ulterior motive beneath the surface when a black man approaches you? For some black men, hooking up with a white woman simply means pursuing a curiosity. While for others it means shirking the responsibilities that dating a black woman carries with it!

Now if you were really curious and wanted a 'for really real' answer to your question, why didn't you pose this question to the faces of some real black women?! You posed this question on this site because there are some people who will respond in your favor simply for a stupid ass star that won't bring about any real significance to their life, you're scared to hear the truth about what black women think of you being with a black man and you deeming yourself as a prize, and you are immature and fell for some dumb ass, frackle nackle (to all of my Michael Baisden listeners) bullshit that you think you are on th arm of a REAL black man!

Some black men run to white women because they think their lives will be easier, or they've been picked on so harshly while growing up about their features that being with a white woman will somehow change his broad ass nose, or his thick ass lips, etc! Never get it twisted that you think you've won out... because you haven't!

- Response by Veronica71276, A Creative, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

sometimes it is all they can get

OK, your assessment of black men is completely off base. So let me set one thing straight.

1)"out of like my 15 black guy friends three of them usually date black girls, the rest always choose white." - Consider the source lady. the men you are asking are the same men you've dated methinks and given that it stands to reason that most are going to say they have a "thing" for white women because (duh.) their dating one... YOU.
Had you posed this question to black men outside your dating circle you'd have found your answers would have been drastically different.
Me personally if I had to guess then it would be MEN, not just black men, want a woman that's easy to get along with. Most of us would like a soft, a feminine woman, and allot of the times this softness doesn't translate well with many black women. Most times it comes off as bad attitude and defiance and many men just don't want that kinda drama.
Is this true of all black women? Hell no. But that's what allot of these black men often see. So they choose to look elsewhere for companionship.

Also it could be that they just don't believe in limiting there options to one race when there are so many to choose from, or it could be just where they live. There are so many different reasons non of which have anything to do with just "wanting" a white woman, or some form of trophy gathering.

Just be happy you've found your companionship, and don't question it so much.

- Response by 1man4commonsense, A Career Man, Male, 36-45, Who Cares?

Sorry, but this doesn't ring true and is not a scientific study. I bet the overwhelming majority of black men still pair up with black women.

For some people, any crossing of racial lines amounts to an "obsession."

I am white...my ex-wife and my current g/f are both black, and I have had friends who asked if I had a "thing" for black girls. Sorry, no...not only that, but that question is offensive, because it suggests that people go out looking for RACE, rather than for a person they like. People who are open enough will find love wherever they can get it. In my case, the vast majority of women I have dated in my life have been white, not black, but because of TWO choices, I have a "thing" or an "obsession."

- Response by skibum58, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 56-65, New York, Teaching

What's happening to black women who want to date black men?

I, and the majority of my black friends, are dating them... shocking, I knooow. How could there possibly be any black men left for us!?!? LOL Contrary to what you believe, there is no shortage of delicious, good black men for us to date. I'd also like to take this opportunity to let you know that my friends and I don't give a shit about who others choose to date.

A good woman can "get" good men regardless of her race...bottom line.

maybe because your black guy friends want to be in the white scene the way you want to be in the black scene

- Response by A Life of the Party, Female, 29-35, New York, Celebrity

White women are more compliant and pleasant in bed.

- Response by int24h, A Career Man, Male, 36-45, Alternative Medicine

I actually did a paper on this recently in my Women's studies and it was very eye-opening...exactly what was said about 'taking White women from their race' is actually very accurate because Black men and women have been treated so horribly in the past that having a Black man or woman dating a White woman or man is the ultimate 'betrayal' of one's race because in the past, races weren't 'expected' to date or marry or even procreate...it has only been in the last few decades that people have realized that it's not about race but about 'privilege' and to this day, many White people think that Black people aren't 'privileged' enough to date their White people and that is why White people are so 'intriguing' to people who are Black or Asian or Mexican or Latina/Latino, etc...:D

Perhaps you've got it backwards, why do white women like black men so much? Maybe for the same reason.. it was taboo years ago but the shock value has long since worn off. I've heard a few black guys talking and apparently they view dating white women as a type of upgrade, they like to show off a white woman as if they won the lottery or something. But since that taboo is gone, I am not witnessing more and more white MEN with black women. I think this was even more taboo than black men with white women. I guess it boils down to whatever you prefer, oddly enough, being a white man, white women are my least desirable.

I agree with the earlier answer in which someone posted, "why do WHITE WOMEN like black men so much?" And for you to believe that out of 15 black men, only three date black women? You are completely ignorant to think that YOUR assumed statistic is a fact. That completely took your credibility away.

For you to think like this, that makes you a dumbass. Sorry to break the news to you.

- Response by anonymousjane, A Thinker, Female, 22-25

I dont know about people's preferences, I'm sure they exist.

However I would say in America if one is non discrminatory then white women make up the majority of the female population by far.

Personaly the best female organ I've ever felt came from an over weight black girl of around 20 or so.

The finest girl I ever had sex with was Irish but it really was never anything special, she did have a very nice personality to boot though.

- Response by drallig9399, A Hip Hop Guy, Male, 29-35, Dallas, Military

i dont know where you getting your information from but as a black man let me be the one to say i got love for the sistas. i dated a white woman and there aint nothin there...literally nothin. and if your an easy white girl its not because your white its because your an easy white girl!

- Response by A Guy Critical, Male, 66 or older