I'm 23...he's 35....is that too big of a difference
Dating / 1:07 AM - Tuesday December 08, 2009

this guys is great but when I don't my parents our age they FREAKED OUT...so I started asking my friends about it and they think it's way too much of a difference.

What do you think?

In this country it matters. But overseas that's not an issue. Men are manageable at any age by any woman. He will take care of you better, and your relationship will last longer because you will always look younger to him; reducing the temptation for him to go looking for younger women. Having said that, please, it will be a great idea to get your parents approval of him.

- Response by int24h, A Career Man, Male, 36-45, Alternative Medicine

I don't think age matters after you reach that legal age. I believe it has to do with more of a connection level. If you get along and have a wonderful time with one another then who's to say what it right and what is wrong? If what you have is real then go with it. Be happy and don't worry what people have to say because they always have something to say...lol Good luck I wish you guys the best!

- Response by violynce, An Engaged Girl, Female, 26-28, San Francisco, Other Profession

Age is not a big deal. If you're mature enough to be in a relationship at all, then you're mature enough to be with this guy.

It made a difference in high school, but not once you're all grown up.

- Response by dawsonmckay, A Rebel, Male, 36-45, Phoenix, Artist / Musician / Writer

Age doesn't matter, and neither does your parents opinion.

- Response by akinaa, A Hippie Chick, Female, 22-25

just about right

I think when you were 12 he was 24. When he hits 60 looking toward retirement you'll still be in your 40's and ready to go.

You didn't have much in common when you were young, you wont have much in common when he's old, and if you really think about it nothing much changes in the middle. You'll never be as old as he is and he'll never be as young as you are.

- Response by fluff47, A Father Figure, Male, 56-65, Self-Employed

Well I have always tried staying within 10 yrs. I think anything more then this is too much of a generational gap. I have a friend who is 30 and dating a 21 yr old and they are already having issues. He says she is mature for her age, but she is still very young. Basically they are at two very different places in life. There are so many experiences she is lacking in life at this point.

I would think 23 and 35 is pushing it, but then again I have seen such age differences work out. I think as long as you both are on the same page, are moving in the same direction in life and have similar goals then this could work, otherwise it will just be about sex and chemistry and that fades when there is no substance in the relationship to back it up.

You know, i see nothing wrong with that.
I'm turning 18 on the 24th, my boyfriend is turning 26 on the 29th.
Who cares. You love him, that's all that matters. If people think its not good, who cares.
The only thing that matters is love.
Dont let a simple age difference change the way you feel. Thats just retarded.

- Response by lor017, A Creative, Female, 22-25, Toronto, Student