WHY is my vagina so ITCHY!
Sex & Intimacy / 11:04 AM - Saturday December 05, 2009

WHY is my vagina so ITCHY!

I wear clean underwear, I wash. I just finished my period.

Why is it itchy?!!

- Asked by mlcoast2, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 22-25

You may have some kind of yeast or other similar problem. Underwear (or pants) prevents natural air circulation which drys moisture. Underwear traps moisture and increases the probability of getting a yeast infection or other microbes. A skirt with no underwear is more healty.

Possible yeast infection.....happens to many women after their period...go to store and get some OTC monistat or other cream for vaginal itch or yeast infection. A pharmacist can tell you which will be best....

make sure to wash with MILD soap (dove unscented is best) and wear cotton underwear, NO THONGS....

if it contiues after OTC treatments, you may need to see a GYNO...

- Response by iowaczechartist, A Thinker, Female, 36-45

Don't masturbate with the cacti...
It's a house plant not a sex toy!

You know how they say when your hands itch, that you're going to receive money? Or that if your ears burn, someone is talking about you?
Or if your nose itches, someone is coming to visit?

Maybe someone is coming to visit and buy your underwear. :)

maybe it needs scratched :)

Stop washing so much. Your box is self cleaning. Just regular soap like the rest of you.

yeast infection...eat yogurt.

- Response by nysbikergirl, An Alternative Girl, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

do you shave? sometimes shaving causes that and ingrown hairs ITCH like hell...either that or you may just have an infection, or...STD

- Response by gaffb, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 22-25, Toronto, Administrative

I kind of agree. It may be a yeast infection. Also, I hope you're wearing condoms with your man, because it could be an std. Get tested and honey, please don't be so trusting. Love has no common seance. Good luck and God bless.

- Response by mimimachell, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Self-Employed

If it's not something serious, like an infection, it could be cause by dry skin (if it is inside of the labia). If you use a drying, harsh soap, like yello dial, that can cause you to be ithcy because of the skin being washed too much.

If it is outside of the labia, it can be because of dry skin also, but if you shave or wax down there, the skin itches as the hair grows back. Use a body oil or a very creamy lotion if this is the case.

- Response by anonymousjane, A Thinker, Female, 22-25

I have no clue which reason you are dealing with. But, to remove itching INSTANTLY regardless of the reason, mix baking soda with warm water and douche with it morning and nite. Then get some cream at the drug store (Monistat) and that will cure 99% of anything that occurs in that area.

try vinegar douche

- Response by swabjockey52, A Couch Potato, Male, 56-65, Technical

I get like that too after my period and no matter how much I shower or change my underwear, it wouldn't stop...I finally switched to cotton underwear during my period and would go back to 'regular' undies afterward and that seemed to help...my doctor said that sometimes when we have our period, we don't get enough air down there and wearing cotton undies can help...:D

You need sex.

- Response by int24h, A Career Man, Male, 36-45, Alternative Medicine

what soap do you use

- Response by fielding2910, A Sportif, Female, 29-35, London, Teaching