My sister and I aren't close like we used to!!! .. =(
Family & Parenting / 10:35 PM - Thursday December 03, 2009

I feel like my sister and I are drifting apart. How do I do to get us to be closer again?
She is 21 and I am 20. we are 1year and 4 days apart. We used to be really really close and now we have drifted apart tremendously. I just can't take it. We used to be able to take about boys, our relationship's, school, friends and EVERYTHING!! Now i cant talk to her about anything because we get into huge arguments, about little things. She gets mad at me when I try to talk to her about a guy im seeing or talking to, but when i talk to my older brother who is 23 she gets mad at becasue I go to him instead of her, but when I tell her tht I don't go to her because she doesn't listen to me oir give me opions or anything she gets pissy and ignores me..
I've tried asking her but she never responds. It really hurts me and I just don't know what to do anymore. She tells me I need to go kill myself and leave her life or to move out because she's getting fed up with me!!! Help anyone. Im really hurting. I feel like im not wanted at home anymore!!
:'(

- Asked by pooh89bear, A Career Woman, Female, 22-25, Baltimore, Retail

Your sister is going through her issues. You better get to the bottom of this and find out what is up her but. You can't stay mad forever on people. However, if she doesn't respond to about her issues and what is bothering her then you did what you can do and ignore her. When you talk to you're bother for advice do it when she is not around so she is not there so you don't need to hear her caddy voice. Don't be around her as much and go hang out with your friends. I do hope that you have separate friends and you don't share friends with your sister so they don't feel uncomfortable to be with the both of you.
If you have to move out. Make sure you have money saved first. Good Luck
I know I have a sister and my she always have to start something.

- Response by womanv, A Career Woman, Female, 36-45, New York, Self-Employed

Unfortunately it's called adulthood - members of the same family making their own path in life - it happens. Eventually there will be a different closeness that comes with experiences.

- Response by lom2009, A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55

All of you need to move out. Go be yourself because dependency will lead to negativity.

Sory to hear that!

Is your sister hanging out with a new crowd or experiencing with any substances that coud cause that sudden change in behaviour?

Because 21 and 20 are not that far appart, and your interests are pribably still preety much the same.

Are you seeing any guy she might have been into?

Run out of ideas - only child here. Dunno!

- Response by gwen29, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 29-35, Political / Government

thats bad that is happening to you but you have to keeping up and never give up i know that you told that you help your parents with the expenses and everything but sometimes the life look so unfair to everybody but we have to take strenght in god iknow what you are suffering i have 4 sisters and i my god they have so differnt caracter just be patient and try to understand maybe you are little more mature for your age than her, i have a brother and a sister of 35 yrs and 27 yrs they always got in to a fight with my little kids thats so stupid but they do they are single maybe thats why but inmature anyways the same you sister i think please be patient and good luck

- Response by nanita, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Dallas, Who Cares?