For aging parents who have everything, what to get them for Christmas or what to do for them?
Family & Parenting / 12:50 PM - Tuesday November 24, 2009

for aging parents who have everything, what to get them for Christmas or what to do for them?

Doing something nice is always and option too but i am running out of ideas.

- Asked by kindalumpy, A Life of the Party, Male, 36-45, Denver

Take them to DO something. Like a performance of the Nutcracker or Ice Capades. Or a Nuggets game. Or a nice dinner out or lunch out. Or drive around and look at the holiday lights.

Time spend with YOU will mean more than any gift. The gift of yourself and your time is the most valuable gift you can share with your aging parents.

~If they are elderly and u worry about their health then give them lifeline for x mas, it cost about 40 a month, (which u could split cost with other siblings if u have any) and it allows them to have emergency care if they were to fall or something and not be able to get to the phone.
~another idea is engraved glass photo, they etch a photo on glass and put a light mantle underneath so it lights up.
~ gift certificates are always an eay gift as well.

- Response by elaine8029, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Medical / Dental

Donate to their favorite charity

Think about what kinds of things they actually enjoy doing and then I say get them something that relates to that. Like for instance I know my mom likes to draw and my dad likes card games. I would get her a new sketch pad and my dad a game cd with all kinds of strategy games on it. I think that is the best way to look at gift giving for the holidays, bdays and just because gifts. Cause it shows you truly know the person's interests and what really makes them tick. I just wish more people in my family would do the same for me though.

- Response by CursedRomantic, A Thinker, Female, 26-28, Columbus, Student

Hard to get them things so how about an outing to a concert, dinner, trip