Why do you think women become more attached than men after sex?
Dating / 12:13 AM - Sunday November 22, 2009

I'm trying not to generalize here, but do you think it's true that men find it easier to seperate sex/emotions than women are?

No. I really don't. At least in my case and in my opinion. Maybe generally speaking.. but I hate to generalize and stereotype.

- Response by timeforanoverhaul, A Father Figure, Male, 36-45, Managerial

BINGO!!!!

Now convince all the men that this is true.....they deny it. I have seen guys more upset that their "ride" (car/bike/truck) is dirty than for them to admit to emotion on a human level...

- Response by iowaczechartist, A Thinker, Female, 36-45

Just a theory, but perhaps biologically speaking women have a 9 month reason to try to convince themselves to have a man stick around...

- Response by ddegon, A Married Girl, Female, 29-35, Washington, DC

Because, more women probably associate sex with their desire to be loved. And, yes it is easier for men to separate sex from emotional attachment, because that's how they're are made up. Of course, there are always exceptions to the rule. But, if most are honest, it is true.

Women are more emotional than men and want sex to be meaningful but men just want to bang a woman unless its their s/o in which case they would/should have an emotion.

- Response by A Thinker, Female, Who Cares?

Sorry for answering your question twice, but I noticed that an idiot said that because a woman can get pregnant, it somehow follows that she WILL get more attached during sex.

That's entirely illogical--one's emotional reactions to any one activity aren't preordained merely because one is born with female reproductive organs.

Men are driven more by testosterone and upbringing than women are when it comes to sex. So, after the initial period of exhaustion, it takes some time for the testosterone to regenerate and begin again, the territorial imperative and the concomitant urge to procreate.

Women on the other hand are up and running after a hot and heavy session with their mates and are willing and able to talk, cuddle, caress, smooch and do it all again.

So if there is truly a separation of sex/emotions in men it is probably initiated by the this up and down imbalance of hormones and is seen as a major difference in behavior when compared with women.

That is the way I see it, but not being an expert it is only an opinion. rek

I don't think so. If a lady really pushes my buttons in the sack, I can become really attached. There are alot of cold people that just take sex as pleasure without an emotional attachment. Not me or you!

- Response by leepool33, A Guy Critical, Male, 56-65, Detroit, Retired

Unfortunately we do get more attached, and it's scientfic. All the more reason to not just sleep with anyone - everytime you do you're creating a tighter bond to that person (on your side anyway). Check it out:

One of the reasons is that during sex, women produce lots of oxytocin, a hormone that stimulates a strong emotional connection. As a result, women are more emotionally integrated when it comes to sex. That's why casual sex and hookups often backfire for lots of women. Guys produce little to no oxytocin, and can easily have sex without any sense of emotional connection. It's sex with no emotional strings attached.

- Response by An Alternative Girl, Female, 46-55

I think that women become more attached because when/if they choose to sleep with a man, there has to be more than just a physical attraction because women don't want men to think they jump into bed with just any man and therefore 'look' for more than just a physical connection before jumping into the sack...JMO...:D

Not true. Plenty have women have sex with no strings attached---this is a myth of macho men really....
John

- Response by johngdating, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 36-45, Executive

Men's brains are wired to sperate sex from emotions. When you see an MRI image of the male brain, you'll find sex areas in the brain are different than the emotions area. While in female brain, sex and emotions areas overlap. That's why male can seperate sex from emotions.

- Response by troublemaker, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 29-35, Managerial

Because women can have sex much easier than men, women tend to have sex with men they really like. Men often will be forced to take what they can get. The problem is that the women the man can get are women who often are much more attracted to him than he is to them. Sex didn't make the woman become attached, she was crazy about the guy before he hit it!

Guys will more often sleep with women who they aren't that into because it's there. Women often don't sleep with guys they don't find that attractive!

- Response by thetruth62977, A Guy Critical, Male, 36-45, St.Louis