Do all men get turned on by rape?
Sex & Intimacy / 7:50 AM - Friday November 20, 2009

Do all men get turned on by rape?

Both my dad and boyfriend are entirely against rape and both think rapists should be castrated. However they said whenever watching a rape scene on a movie they get really turned on. So is it like this for all guys?

Guys seem to be turned on by any visual display of sex including rape scenes. If they were not, rape scenes would not be so prevalent in movies. Even though most movies that contain them try to put the veneer of wrongfulness on the scenes, usually the rape scenes offer up a view of a at least partially nude female victim. Even for guys that are not at all turned on by the idea of rape or forced sex, the visual impact of an attractive naked female just hits the right connections in their brains and makes them at least somewhat turned on.

I believe that most guys would never rape someone, but most guys will be turned on a bit by any sex they see in a movie even when it is rape.

Your DAD is telling you he gets turned on by rape scenes?!

...sounds like SOMEBODY'S got smog in the noggin.

I agree with the hippie chick: but I think there are two kinds of rape scenes->

1. chickflick ones where the act is more emotional than in other movies where rape would be depicted, and it'd be weird if anyone got turned on by watching a woman go through that.

2. Horror/suspense type: there is a known correlation between these types of films and arousal (porn+ suspense makes guys harder than any other type of film with nudity [saw that on the discovery channel- see TV is good for you!!]). . . and a nude scene (which would be in a rape scene) in a suspense-type movie would probably turn a guy on.

- Response by A Creative, Female, 22-25, New York, Student

You've had a discussion with your dad about his sexual turn ons?

eeeewwwwww!!!!!

How weird is that?

- Response by troublemaker, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 29-35, Managerial

I love seeing men get raped. Any instrument will do, but it has to be large. A broomstick, a spade, a hammer makes for an interesting raping. As long as the size and shape is sure to tear that asshole wide open.

I don't know about raping girls, but nothing makes me hornier than a man screaming in pure terror- except the subsequent begging for mercy. Personally I like to lick his tears while I pound him inside out. I think secretly most men have an anal rape fantasy but have become conditioned to repress that inner longing.

I'm a woman who has a thing for rape fantasy.
a LOT Of guys I've dated are disgusted by rape scenes in movies and look away.

I KNOW its a violent crime, maybe its the cavewoman in me, but I get WET and WATCH IT when rapes happen in movies.It really makes me tingle.

I KNOW the poor girl is traumatized. I know...
but I still get turned ON real good, I can't explain it..

I guess its the old fantasy of getting "taken" by a man,the woman is helpless and gets dragged by her hair to the cave? The woman doesn't have to take responsibility for the act if its rape....no GUILT! was All his fault.

Like I said, I can't explain it, its got to be something genetic or evolutionary...
WHY ARE there rapes in movies if it isn't commonly entertainment?

- Response by discotrash, A Career Woman, Female, 29-35, Las Vegas, Other Profession

No, Real men don't get hot and wholly over any abuse of a woman.
Sorry.
I think your s/o and dad, have misconstrued prono with rape...if they knew of someone personally who was rape believe me that thought process would change.

- Response by pinknblu, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

No it makes me think what if that was........

- Response by hands, A Creative, Male, 46-55, Hong Kong, Who Cares?

Nobody healthy gets turned on by rape and I can't imagine a father telling his daughter that he does...Rape is about control and pain for the victim and nothing about mutual love.. Rape can destroy a person's life and leave inner scars that take years to heal...I would tell your Dad he should get some help and dump the boyfriend. Rosey

Hopefully males that get turned on by rape are in the minority. After being close to being raped by a neighbor's son who acted out his "fantasy" it scares the hell out of me.

- Response by A Sweet Sarah, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

no....

- Response by painless63, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 46-55

No, I have a wife, daughters, sisters, a mother, female coworkers, female patients, neighbors, etc.

- Response by hrdmn10, A Father Figure, Male, 56-65, Other Profession

Nah, rape scenes don't turn me on just like stealing doesn't. If I can't get something in the proper fashion or with mutual agreements then I'd rather go without, unless its like something I really need. Pussy is not my highest priority and its reasonably easy to come by anyhow. So, again, rape not my thing.

- Response by mortaune, A Guy Critical, Male, 29-35, Student

I think it's the visual.

- Response by TheSshhmoe, An Alternative Girl, Female, 22-25, Student

I don't know if it's like this for all guys but the guys that I used to date and hang around with, did think that some of the rape scenes in movies were very 'erotic' and would sometimes get turned on but only when the scene showed less violence and more 'sex'...don't know if it's just because they were 'imagining' doing it to their girlfriends or what but they did say that it could be visually stimulating...maybe if it's not actual 'fear' and/or 'violence' related, guys can/do get turned on by rape scenes...:D

Not for me. Watching a rape scene is kinda sick

- Response by gilpill, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Chicago, Internet / New Media

No, and I was once with a woman who wanted to act out such a fantasy and I refused. Even I have limits.

- Response by tomtomcat, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 56-65, New York, Teaching

I do personally and I Admit it is weird but I have been raped so has my girlfriend. I understand the emotional problems rape cause and to be honest if I ever caught a rapist I,d skin them alive and burn their wounds closed so theyd suffer but yet rape is a turn on to me and my girlfriend as well. I honestly think the turn on comes from me liking coy or shy women so seeing a woman is a weak state may be the turn on but I don't know I'm no psychiatrist. And to anyone who thinks they are sick then you are sick. Every person deserves their sexual desires and you should be ashamed if you look down on them.

- Response by epsilon523, A Guy Critical, Male, 22-25, St.Louis

Your dad talks to you about his boners?? sick