I am 5'4 and weigh 120 pounds. Do you consider me fat?
Diet & Health / 3:06 AM - Friday November 20, 2009

I wear a size five, but when I see how thin Monica and Rachel are in the show "Friends", I feel disgusted with myself. What do you think?

Not at all. 120 pounds doesn't sound bad. Besides, it is perfectly natural for a woman to have a little more body fat, yet still not be overweight.

(Besides, have you ever seen Jennifer Aniston WITHOUT makeup? Man, is she ever FRUMPY!)

- Response by thundermist04167, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 46-55, Who Cares?

No, you are not fat and don't compare yourself with them, in stead adore yourself

- Response by orgasmic007, A Life of the Party, Male, 46-55, New Delhi

Your 5 foot 4 and 120lbs and you think your fat ha ha. Try being 5 ft 11 and 1/2 and weigh 300 !! NO fat just a big muscle guy you know football, karate(4th DAN Black Belt)Judo (3rd kyu Brown belt) Your fine and dont worry about what other people look like, its what makes you happy that counts

- Response by ptawillis, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 56-65, Medical / Dental

LOL girlie, we don't see your photo! Weight and height won't tell us if you're fat or not. your bones could be dense? hell, I'm 5'5 and 135 pounds and I'm panicking that, ahem, I'm lacking some fat in certain areas. I never follow a chart, unless I'm about to become overweight. I just chose my perfect weight and I'm sticking to it. oh and keep your curves, they make u look hot! =D

- Response by chichek, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Moscow, Other Profession

You are NO WHERE NEAR FAT!!!!!!!!!!! These people on TV and models are ridicules and look like skinny twigs. I don't see how any man could even think about getting serious with someone that looks like they do.

Good Grief, Linus! You are not fat. You are actually just this side of slim, which is very good. BTW: Do you know that people who see their physicians regularly never ask that question because they know one way or another if they're fat.

- Response by rholuc, A Thinker, Female, 66 or older, Retired

You have bones, right? And blood? And skin? And vital organs? And skeletal muscles? Oh good, then at 120lbs it's pretty safe to say that you're not fat. Remember, being THIN does not make a person attractive. Being HEALTHY does.

- Response by ryanthegreatarj, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 26-28, Student

your crazy..... your fine.... not fat..... settle your crazy ass down

120 lbs is a good weight for your height..You probably need some firming up...Add excercise to your daily routine.. Rosey

that is a perfect weight for your height....you are fine

- Response by scooper, A Sportif, Female, 46-55, Dallas, Who Cares?

no your weight sounds perfect for your height. Don't compare yourself to them. they're so thin. IMO

- Response by girlpower08, A Sportif, Female, 36-45

120 lbs is not fat unless you are 3 ft tall. TV isn't reality and what matters is you being your healthy weight. Don't compare yourself to others, we're all built differently and therefore just love the way you are now. You sound fine at that height/weight. In fact, pick out some of your best features and focus on those, instead of being disgusted.

- Response by watbuttondoipush, An Alternative Girl, Female, 36-45, Financial / Banking

You are not fat- you probably just need to tone up. I am 5ft 6 and 115 pounds but I try to eat healthy and I jog 3-4 times a week...
so you might not need to "lose" weight but you might need to tone up!

At 120 lbs & 5'4, you are definitely NOT fat. Don't compare yourself to Monica and Rachel, TV is not reality. You're young and burn calories at a much faster rate than someone who is older. You have nothing to worry about if you're only 120 lbs. If you weighed any less you would be too skinny. You might want to consider joining a gym or walking for exercise. I'd love to weight 120 lbs., I envy you.

- Response by A Married Girl, Female, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

If you are totally serious, you need help. Look up and see what ideal weights are for your height and gender. Then add ten pounds then your perfect. Healthy is based on if you can hang with some one at the gym for an hour. Eat something.

- Response by tan37, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Denver, Managerial

at 64" and 54 kg's you're at a healthy weight. fyi

- Response by bananaboat2010, A Guy Critical, Male, 29-35, Medical / Dental

Your weight is fine...if you feel like you can pinch an inch here or there just put on your walking shoes and jump a treadmill for about 4 miles per day... that is the quickest way to firm up if you are self concious... Body fat is more about conditioning than weight!!!

- Response by lady4u, A Married Girl, Female, 56-65, Cincinnati, Who Cares?

NO I wouldn't consider you fat...my sister is about your height and she is 150 lbs and although she has a bigger breast than any of the girls in my family, she does carry her weight well and she's diabetic...the doctor actually said that she is a 'healthy' weight because her weight is distributed evenly throughout her body(except for the bigger breasts...lol)and he has been monitoring her weight, eating, blood sugars, etc for over three years now...:D

Hell. No.

Remember when the character Monica used to be fat?...now that's fat lol.

When you can't look down and see your toes then you're fat.

- Response by TheSshhmoe, An Alternative Girl, Female, 22-25, Student

at 5'4" 120 you are fine dear