What does it mean when a guy is casually seeing me and looking for other girls at the same time?
Dating / 9:35 AM - Tuesday November 17, 2009

A guy that I've been seeing casually tells me that we're more than just a fling. We see each other one or two times a week. We are officially still single but he tells me that he thinks we're more than just random play or a casual fling. However, he's also actively looking to meet other girls. What does this mean?

Your good enough for now until he finds something betterer....

Exactly what he said. Nothing! Looking at your age you are entirely too young to be trying to get held down. You should be trying to enjoy your youth because one day you won't have it. He seems to get that thought process. Enjoy your life and stop worrying about some guy that's living his life. Live yours!!

- Response by eunicorn, A Cool Mom, Female, 46-55, New York, Medical / Dental

Also, he seems to be trying to keep you from seeing/being with other guys while he has all the fun. Don't fall for it. Do you Boo because he's definitely doing him.

He is keeping you as a rebound. He doesn't want to be committed to you only (exclusively). A guy will settle for what you give him. Put your foot down and walk away, there is no need for you to put yourself in that situation.

- Response by tammylyn2, A Thinker, Female, 29-35

"casually seeing me"... he is not serious about seeing you.

"officially single".... he is not serious about seeing you.

"he tell me we are more than"... he is saying that you are, but he's not seriously saying that you are.

"he's actively looking to meet other girls"... he is not serious about seeing you exclusively at any point soon.

"what does this mean?"... you should look around for somebody else.

He doesn't like you as much as you like him. Sorry but think about it when you like someone a lot what do you do?

- Response by spiceylibra, A Career Woman, Female, 29-35, Kansas City, Administrative

He's with you for now.

But he's also looking for "better" options.

You're basically a stopgate

- Response by mantis, A Creative, Male, 18-21

I hate to say this but it looks like he wants his cake & eat it too. Basically, to be brutally honest, he wants to keep looking for other girls, but likes the regularity of having you in his life. If you like him, then I'd say hold out the sex, until he's ready to commit to something more exclusive. However, if you BOTH want an "open" relationship, then BOTH of you should still keep dating other people. Just make sure you are BOTH on the same page. Also, please be "safe" & you know what I mean.

- Response by cherbear80, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 29-35

I would do the same thing back I mean don't be all out there, but go on dates get to know others sometimes you can learn lot when you just see other people. Your not serious or he is not serious so go for it you might like someone else better and get your feelings retured.

- Response by mrsmm, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

It means you should be out playing the field too =)

- Response by lk2mvit, A Life of the Party, Female, 36-45, Other Profession

It means you are casual but wants you around longer than a fling, to make sure he does not have to do without if he does not score.

- Response by wolverinesegg, A Career Man, Male, 46-55, Science / Engineering

It means that he is looking for something "better" and when he finds it, he won't hesitate to leave you. If I were you I'd start seeing other people too. It's not worth waiting around for someone who is only with you because you are the next best thing. If he was serious about your relationship, once he saw you weren't going to put up with his shit, he would make things exclusive.

Don't waste your time on him. Go out and enjoy yourself, 'cause he's obviously enjoying himself.

- Response by sanguinenight, An Alternative Girl, Female, 22-25, Student

What you should be doing is looking at his actions here and not his talk because he is just sugar coating it for you o keep you around.Telling you these things trying to make it look like your special to him but really your not( nowoman is and will not be).He just wants you to stick around while he looks and most likely has other girls hes doing and telling this too.Like he does you.
He doesn't want a commtment and he doesn't want a serious relationship with you or anywoman. The proble is him and not you.Other words he's using you for sex and anyone else he can con nto it.DUMP HIM!! fast!

- Response by A Sportif, Female, 29-35, Medical / Dental

it's "better than nothing" philosophy, so get out of this relationship ASAP.

- Response by chichek, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Moscow, Other Profession

It can mean that he's keeping his options open and making sure that he's not being tied down by just one woman and isn't 'ready' to commit to just one serious relationship...sounds like he's making your relationship into a FWBs type of relationship because when/if he's not able to go out with another woman, he will come see you...he's keeping you on a short rope so that when/if he doesn't have anyone else to date, you will be 'waiting' for him...if this is the kind of relationship you want to be in, then it should be fine but if you are wanting more, it might be best to let him know what you want so that you or him don't end up getting hurt...:D

It means he likes you but not enough to date so he's looking for other women. What do you think it means?

- Response by lmarks, A Life of the Party, Male, 29-35, Los Angeles, Who Cares?

He wants other women.Not just you.

You used the word casual and that's how he looks at it..He isn't interested in exclusive with you as he is still looking. I wouldn't settle for this if I were you. Rosey

It means he is casualy seeing you and looking for other girls at the same time. At least hes being upfront with you.

- Response by redbone, A Career Man, Male, 56-65, Food Service