Women have gotten more and more selfish, women make me sick with their divorce rates
Sex & Intimacy / 2:04 AM - Monday November 16, 2009

50 years ago, many women had to suffer through bad marriages but society was a thousand times better. There was less crime, less single parents, children showed respect to everyone, and this respect was passed down through generations.

Nowadays women put their own lives ahead of the greater good and that is selfish. If you get married, then stay married.

Why do you have to leave a marriage when it was your own fucking choice to get married in the first place?

When people have children, they're responsible to them for 18 years so why can't you be responsible for a marriage for at least 18 years?

- Asked by A Jock, Male, 36-45, Financial / Banking

Your wife left you, eh?

- Response by ashmcawesome, An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35

because we dont have to take it anymore, we have choices now, and no many women werent single parents because they used abortions, i dnt know why ur so mad

- Response by mindgames, A Thinker, Female, 26-28, Student

You sound very broken & angry. Sorry you chose to marry a selfish woman. I'm not her & have to ask why in the world would you want to be with someone like this who doesn't want to be with you? Even out of obligation? You shouldn't want to suffer through a bad marriage with a woman like this. I say good riddance to someone who would be selfish & betray my trust. It's normal to go through a bitter phase, it will get easier in time. Don't allow for this to get the best of you

- Response by melmac, A Thinker, Female, 29-35

I am sorry that you have experienced an apparently bad relationship... That said, women do not singularly "divorce" because they want to, many are forced to by abuse, neglect or trauma.

50 years ago women were obligated to get married and stay married for economic security. Education has provided us the means to have a voice in our future and our security. It has also put men in a place where they need to behave better to have a successful marriage and a stable environment to raise a family in. Not all men are willing to do the work to succeed.

- Response by siouxzen, A Career Woman, Female, Who Cares?, Guadalajara, Self-Employed

So you're saying men, women AND children have to suffer because of a shitty marriage.

Do you even know what it's like for a kid to be stuck in a broken home?

- Response by veracifier, A Trendsetter, Female, 29-35, Buffalo

bitter much? women have risen above the role of domestic servant and have realized their value and self worth. here's the real question...why would a woman feel the need to leave a relationship she had hoped for and committed to? most likely because the man in question was inferior in every way. a selfish man gets what he asks for.

- Response by A Trendsetter, Female, 46-55, Other Profession

Oh so it's all women's fault is it? Get over yourself!

- Response by An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35, Student

I was alive 50 yrs ago and grew up in bad marriage. My parents did exactly what you suggest. NOBODY in my family speaks to each other. Their example taught me what not to do.

- Response by redbone, A Career Man, Male, 56-65, Food Service