Do You Have To Take Birth Control Pills Everyday At The Same Time
Sex & Intimacy / 2:14 PM - Saturday November 14, 2009

on the label it says to but i wake up really early on weekdays and late on weekends so does it matter if i take a pill at 5 then the next day at 11

you are supposed to, as its a 24 hour pill. if you take one the first day at 7am, and the second day at 9pm, you've gone 38 hours between doses, and they aren't as effective when they are unsynchronized.

You should be fine, although if you have a better time in your daily routine that keeps it more on schedule, then changing would be to your benefit.

If you space them out evenly and take one every 24 hours they do have a better efficacy rate.

So since you get up at different times, try taking it at night instead. If your bedtime varies, then take it at supper time every night.

You are supposed to, but I think as long as you get them within a 24 hour period and don't miss one, you should be fine. Be careful though..:)

- Response by ddn1958, A Sportif, Female, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

You can pop 'em like PEZ if you're worried about making babies.

I used to take my birth control pills any time, when I remembered them, and the doctor told me that since they are considered to be taken once a day, they should be taken the same time everyday...so I made it a point to take them everyday at noon because my doctor told me they last for 24 hours but if you don't take them the same time everyday, your body could be getting more estrogen than it needs and the birth control may not be as 'effective' because your estrogen levels wouldn't be consistent if you're taking it at different times...:D

You are supposed to take them at the same time every day, yes. Is it always going to happen that way? No, probably not.

I usually try to keep it in a three-hour window...

My sister takes them at 8:00 pm and sets an alarm. Pick a time that you are always awake, no matter if it's the weekend or during the week, and you'll be golden.

- Response by greenolive, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Hospitality

Try taking one every night at the same time, such as bed-time since your morning routine varies.

yes it matters. Take it the same time daily. Set your timer in your cell phone to walk the dog or something and then take your pill the same time.

- Response by joybird, A Career Woman, Female, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

It is strongly adviserble that u take the pill same time every day be consistant. Get yourself into a habbit same time each day mornings is best. No excuses. just do it .

same time every day!!! thats why the drs tell you that, you miss it by 20min and the pill may not work that day its just like anything that only works 24hrs if you laps it takes time for it to get back in your system just like did they tell you it could take a few weeks for the pill to start working in the beginning, If you cant take it at the same time everyday i would suggest getting another form of birth control.

- Response by cowgirl1015693, A Married Girl, Female, 26-28, Home Maker