Why do guys ignore girls texts?
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 3:47 AM - Saturday November 14, 2009

Why do guys ignore girls texts?

Dating or not, if this person is an interest, why do guys ignore the girls texts? I understand the whole playing hard to get thing, but just to nix that option, lets say thats not the goal... guys what are your reasons? and also, whats with a guy texting something weird like "hummmm" and then when the girl responds, you quit talking... WTH? aha i need some help here, i dont understand it.

- Asked by myrandawhox09, A Thinker, Female, 22-25, Chicago, Student

There are many aspects to the very same reason, when it comes to why men do not like to text. And, that is what it is... they do not like to do it.

Remember that men read and think best with symbols and women with words. That is why men excel in math and women excel in English. Of course, there are exceptions to every rule, but by in large, this is the case.

So, men to not naturally spell either easily or well and therefore do not enjoy texting. It is one of the forms of communication that they are not fond of.

Another reason is that women over do it. In general, women seem to think that if they peck away on that keyboard, at any time of day, or day of week, the other end should drop everything and JUMP on their keyboard. It just isn't gonna happen! It is a nuisance to most men. The ones that do answer, when they do, are only attempting to keep the peace. :(

Well there could be lots of reasons. Also do not forget girls do this also to the guys. Could be the age difference I get nessages from girl half my age, and do not want to talk to them because there is no point in it I am not going to chase someone that young. Some men are in a point in their life where they may think that knowing you, and liking you may but them in a spot where they feel they may fall in love, and just do not want to be in that spot at that point. You could think of a lot of different things to exsplain this just pick one, and then fine someone else to text. Lot of guys out there.

- Response by rogerrabbitxoxo, A Creative, Male, 56-65, Transportation

his lazy ass is not interested

- Response by rubyrednotdead, A Creative, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

I don't text much(neither does my guy),but men I've known aren't as comfortable as women when it comes to communicating via phone or e-mail. I've sent paragraphs of e-mails to guys,only to get a three word response. I don't have a "scientific" answer as to why that is. So I wouldn't take it personally,but I would talk to him about it too.

- Response by gvmeurhwc, An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35