I have a boyfriend, but I can't get hold of him!
Sex & Intimacy / 8:04 PM - Monday November 09, 2009

At what point do I freak the fuck out when I can't get a hold of my man? He tells me he loves me all the time and how much I mean to him and blah blah blah...And NOW I have not talked to him in 24hrs.

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!! Please calm me down.

Yes, I have left a voicemail, a couple of texts, & an email. Exactly how patient do I need to be???

Update: November 09, 2009.
Some of your responses were so great and made me laugh! Thank You!!! As I started to read this he called! He had back surgery a week ago and he hurt it this morning and has been in the hospital and drugged up. SOOO I had a right to worry about him!!!! I think I love him too, I know what I have to lose!

There isn't much to get upset about until you find out why he hasn't called you back.It's hard to be upset with someone if they were in a traffic accident,or lying dead on the kitchen floor from a heart attack.

But if when you finally find him and he says he's been busy..then it's time to knock the hell out of him.

- Response by justme38271, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 46-55, Consulting

CHILL.

24 WHOLE hours?? Maybe he lost his phone, or his battery ran down or something.

Maybe a Valium or two might help.

- Response by buffalothighs88, A Hippie Chick, Female, 56-65, Other Profession

Awww

I know exactly how you feel because I haven't seen the one I want since June 2007:-(

Cherish/support him when you still have him!!! and most don't make him run away by being insecure~~~~

Peace

- Response by azianchemistry, A Player, Female, 46-55, San Francisco, Who Cares?

How long has he been a boyfriend? And are you in the general habit of constantly checking up on him: calling multiple time a day, texting multiple times a day, emailing multiple times a day? Freaking out because you've gone only 24 hours without a chit-chat sounds pretty excessive.

If you are a technological hoverer, then he may be rebelling.

- Response by pandorasfault, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Teaching

I'd say it's probably appropriate to issue an Amber alert by now

- Response by joeblow1234, A Creative, Male, 46-55, Whitehorse, Artist / Musician / Writer

24 hours??? You better cool it or you won't have him long. Take a deep breath and try not to be so needy. It is a dead giveaway.

If I didn't hear from my boyfriend for 24 hours, I'd be worried that something terrible happened to him.

this is kinda creepy....

- Response by j3s5e, A Rebel, Male, 29-35, Los Angeles, Who Cares?

OR... He's watching ESPN naked and eating Pop-Tarts and just doesn't want to be bothered right now. Not saying YOU'RE bother... but let that man breathe.

- Response by pinkpanther, A Trendsetter, Female, 29-35, Internet / New Media

Can you call his parents or go to his house?
Just casual/ friendly. NOT freaked out/worried...

Can you call his best friend?

If you dont have these numbers, then that shows how NOT close you are and how you can improve your relationship when he DOES get in contact with you...

You kind of need some of his family/friends numbers. well, in CASE something terrible happens to him.. You all can support one another and then THEY will not assume he is just with you and the Police Search can start that much sooner..

I have before, when my man is Pooping and leaves his cellphone on the table, snagged some of his family's numbers to put in my cellphone..
Just do it where you dont get caught, or he could get all grouchy-pants about it... kind of like u snooping.
BUT ITS FOR GOOD REASON!
look at what he did!!! disappears for so long...

Well, I cant help you NOW.. but once you DO contact him..
Dont TELL HIM, but somehow manage to wrangle some "emergency contact numbers" for him, as if you were his employer or something, ya know??

If you consider it an emergency, USE those numbers. just ask his parents if they've seen him... 'cause You have not been able to contact him for over 24 hours.. They will UNDERSTAND and be HAPPY you care about their son, too.

- Response by discotrash, A Career Woman, Female, 29-35, Las Vegas, Other Profession

at least give him a shot to explain before you flip on him