How do I get rid of the red mark on my lip from a cold sore?
Diet & Health / 12:48 PM - Sunday November 08, 2009

It's quite visible and unattractive.

Update: November 08, 2009.
Thanks for all the tips on how to rid of the COLD SORE. LOL. But i need to know how to get rid of the RED MARK, if you all read the question correctly. But thanks to the one person who read it correctly, and thanks to the rest of you for the info on how to stop the actual cold sore

- Asked by camaroking, A Rebel, Male, 22-25, Student

Now that you have all the healing information I'll tell you how to COVER up the red mark. LOL
You use a green cover up that is available over the counter in most cosmetics aisles. Green counteracts the redness and then you can cover it over with a coverup that matches your skin tone and yes....believe it or not a natural colored lipstick. LMAO....don't go running for the hills now. You asked. It works and you can keep the items on hand should this occur again.

- Response by joybird, A Hippie Chick, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

Go to the first aid section of the drug store. They sell scra cream there. I believe there is one called mederma or something like that. That will help the scar fade.

- Response by myndseye711, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Vladivostok, Celebrity

Go to your local drugstore and ask the pharmacist. They'll know the best and the latest treatments.

- Response by ddegon, A Married Girl, Female, 29-35, Washington, DC

have u gotten cold sores before? i ALWAYS have something on hand. if i even get nervous i get one. but i like the little expensive one i can't think of the name, that works. otherwise i use campo phenique, it has drying action and pain relief. but try to get the one that says won't cause scabs. i've had prescriptions and the over the counter seem to work better for me. i put it on as soon as i feel one coming on. there a pain in the ass!!! don't kiss anybody and be careful in the shower or touching ur face and then elsewhere.

- Response by nicky711, A Thinker, Female, 36-45

They are really awful,....Try blistex, the kind that comes in a little tiny tube. It's very soothing, and helps it to heal and not scab over. It takes a long time too. If you are into vitamins, Lysine is the one to take for cold sores. Helps to treat and prevent. Don't eat/drink chocolate and soda, they will excerbate it and cause more to crop out.

- Response by nysbikergirl, An Alternative Girl, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

I have an irritation on my lip as well and it doesn't look like a cold sore but have no idea where it came from...what I am using is Anbesol gel for cold sores and it seems to work well for the pain as well as the redness...also you can put the gel on and then cover it up with makeup or a little pressed powder, it's working for me...:D