How long is too long to wait on someone you love?
Dating / 8:18 PM - Saturday November 07, 2009

I have a friend, to whom I'm very close. There are times I suspect that there's more between us than a platonic relationship, at least I know my feelings have grown past that. I'm pretty good at reading people, so I think it's mutual, but he's never actually said it in so many words. He is very ambitious and it's one of the qualities I admire most, however, because of his ambition, there are certain things that he wants to accomplish before even trying to pursue a relationship.

nah.... men don't think like that

if they fancy a woman it doesn't matter if it's the right time or not - they just go for it

maybe, his feelings for you are not as strong as yours for him

try to play 'hard to get', go hot and cold, flirt then ignore him, see if that works

'sweet and caring' usually doesn't work for men in the beginning

- Response by rubyrednotdead, A Creative, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

In my opinion, if you truly love this man, you wait as long as it takes. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you should put your whole life on hold, especially not at your age. Go out, meet people, have fun, go on dates, and enjoy life! Especially if he knows you love him and want to be with him, he will let you know when he's ready. Who knows? Maybe you will find someone you share an even greater connection with! If not, you'll be having fun and not involved with someone else when he's ready.

- Response by sniklas, A Guy Critical, Male, 29-35