She likes me but she avoids me
Dating / 1:08 PM - Saturday October 31, 2009

She likes me but she avoids me

"She like me but she avoids me"

Hi, I am in a weird situation which I thought someone could help me please.
I met this girl I would call "S". S is visiting Toronto for about 3 months from Europe. S highly educated and is a professional person.
S has a boy friend in her home country. S loves her boy friend and has feelings for him but she is also not sure if he is the right person for her. She once found him cheating, so she says he is not a reliable person and he drinks a lot almost 4-5 times a week. So she is really not happy with her current situation but she loves him.

How I fit into this picture? I am also highly educated and professional person. I met her spontaneously. Since our first meeting about 3 weeks ago, it feels like we know each other for 5 years. We have almost everything in common and she acknowledges that. She also acknowldges that she does not have many common things with her boy friend. In last 3 weeks, I would say, we have spent on average about 30 hours per week spending time together and talking. And when we are together time just flies and we love spending time together. Long story short, She clearly told me that she is scared if we see each other too much she would get involve in me and that she is already having feelings for me. She also feels that she is going to loose someone in her life, but she does not tell me who? she is going back in 5 weeks. Since she fears she is going to get involve in me and she is developing feelings for me and that we have everything in common and we enjoy every second, she has started to avoid me a bit. We still see each other but she avoids me also. I have to be pushy to see her.

Both of us like each other very much, I am totally falling in love with her. But since she lives in another country and she has boyfriend (not sure if he is the right person), she is HESITANT to make any move. I know if I do not do anything I would loose her for ever and I am not going to meet such a person again. If I try to convince her to live in Canada, she avoids me more.

Please help me what should I do? I am totally stuck here.

Update: October 31, 2009.
Thanks a lot for the help. I totally appreciate it. :-)

- Asked by amir7721, A Career Man, Male, 29-35, Toronto

Stop. She is not going to be with you. You know about her boyfriend, and even tho you have feelings for her, she will be leaving and be with her boyfriend. You are setting yourself up to be very hurt. Stop doing that.

She's avoiding you because she knows it's not going anywhere. Women understand the love game better than men do, and she knows this.
Strike One---She lives in another country.
Strike Two---She has a boyfriend. She may bitch about him all of the time, but the fact is that SHE IS SILL WITH HIM.
Strike Three---It doesn't sound like she is as interested as you would like her to be.

- Response by awsum1, A Life of the Party, Male, Who Cares?, Chicago