How long do I wait? Should I call or write him off?
Dating / 6:01 PM - Friday October 30, 2009

After the first date the guy said he'd get a hold of me. He actually did next day. He said he had a nice time blah blah blah, lets do do it again. I said absolutely, call me and we can make plans. He said he would and that was about a week ago. Did I break a rule by texting him to ask If he wanted to get together? He did not respond to my text. I hate game playing, I just want to know what is up. A friend of mine said that he probably didn't get the the text. what? Does this actually happen?

- Asked by A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Detroit, Retail

i would say just send him a text like a simple hi. and then when he responds just say, did u get my text from last week....and if not, just ask him or say the text again. no harm no foul. and if he doesn't reply to ur hello text, u kinda just got ur answer there. good luck

- Response by nicky711, A Thinker, Female, 36-45

Whether or not he got your text, doesn't really matter. He already spoke to you and you told him you would like to go out with him again. The ball is in his court right now. You must wait for him to call you. If he doesn't, then he is not interested. He did not answer your text. That is a big clue as to what he might be thinking. Let it go.

Those "rules" are BS, so no you didn't break any rules. I don't know if he's playing any games, but there are reasonable explanations for his behavior...

-Not everybody checks text messages. My plan doesn't cover it, so I don't open them. Anyone who wants to talk to me can call me.

-He could be sick. It's flu season.

-Perhaps he's not attracted to women who insist the man calls. I don't say that to be mean - I'm saying it because it happens enough to be plausible.

Call him and ask what's up. If he doesn't return a two calls in two weeks, write him off.

- Response by ddegon, A Married Girl, Female, 29-35, Washington, DC

In my experience if a guy is interested in a second date, he will secure it before the end of the first date.

"Sue, I had a great time tonight. Would you like to go to the comedy club next Friday?" But he didn't do this.

In my experience, when a guy says he will call -- usually he doesn't. But your guy did. But, again, he didn't ask for another date. Felt guilty because he said he would call?

A guy should call by Wednesday for a date during the weekend.

If you really like this guy, find something fun you want to do next weekend and call him before next Wednesday and invite him.

"Bob, there's a cowboy poetry reading on Saturday. Would you like to go with me?"

I hate when guys ask "do you wanna do something" without having a specific plan.

this guy seems pretty hard to read. but i dont think u broke any rules, personally i think hes just being weird. or maybe he wasnt as in to u as u thought he was. u should try talkin to him or inviting him to something with ur friends and u. groups are normally good and fun like bowling or some type of playful competition type deal.if he is still acting weird after that then maybe hes just a better friend and u should move on to the nxt guy

- Response by snow96angel, An Alternative Girl, Female, 26-28, Atlanta, Student