Did you ever have sex with someone then regret it later ?
Sex & Intimacy / 7:24 PM - Tuesday October 27, 2009

Tell us about why if you did

- Asked by bigcurt, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 56-65, Pittsburgh, Self-Employed

never... unless I was too drunk then I didn't remember

- Response by pepperman46, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 46-55

If I am not really into the girl, I feel terrible immediately afterward. I can't wait to get away from her. At least I have been that way in my later years.

Some people are wired to where they can feel fine about sleeping with someone they don't care about.

I am not one of those people.

- Response by vabyss, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45, Who Cares?

Have I?! LOL I think the question is how many! I mean shit most of my fucked up decisions came when I was drunk out of my freaking mind, so there ya go! I've woken up in the morning a few times wondering what the fuck happened, and most importantly, why!?!?!

It's spelled out in the divorce proceedings...

Yup.

Beer goggles.

'nuff said.

Yeah. It was my first time. I was rebelling. I wasn't in love with the person. I knew he wasn't in love with me. And, I was feeling very vulnerable. He knew this and took advantage of that. I let him. And, I found sex "that time" to be very over-rated. I was disappointed. And, I knew I couldn't get a do over regarding my virginity and allowing it to be a very loving and memorable experience.

yes. my first girlfriend stole my virginity, yet was the town whore. she just wanted to test drive a virgin. then lied and manipulated all the stories about all her past lovers, saying shit like it wasn't her, and that they made her do it and crazy lunatic shit like that.

No. I don't "regret" things because I think it's a pointless emotion and a waste of energy. The closest I come to "regretting" is telling myself that I won't do it again.

That said, I don't think I'll be having any more one-night stands. It's not enough sex for that fat mark on my bedpost, you know? Don't get me wrong, I had fun and I think he had fun. I made the decision and followed through totally sober, and I don't feel slutty, used or stupid about it. But adding a guy to my List for just ONE sack session? I think it gives the entirely wrong idea to people. It sounds a lot worse to think I slept with a guy just once, even if it was the only time I'd been laid in months, than to admit to daily romps for a year with the same guy. Plus I had to get over all the nerves and jitters and all I got was one freaking night? Not really worth it, plus it takes a few times to get to the really fun stuff..

- Response by anie01, A Thinker, Female, 26-28, Teaching

"because I wasn't actually looking for a meaningful relationship with them it didn't really matter"

- Response by askwhatever, A Thinker, Female, 56-65

Hasn't everyone?

- Response by diznykd, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Lawyer

One of my high school crushes and we saw each other again at a nightclub when we were in college. He asked me out and at the end of the evening, we slept together. It was something I shouldn't have done because for one, he was a sloppy kisser.

yes. and i regretted it coz i did it for the wrong reasons

- Response by A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Medical / Dental

i have...and I regreted it because for a long time being intimate with the person was something we both hd wanted to do. when it finally happened it was nothing like i had imagined.

Yes years ago I had a good friend she was very attractive.We spent a weekend at her house at the Jersey shore. It was a fun weekend but the friendship was never the same. Good friends are hard to find.

- Response by redbone, A Career Man, Male, 56-65, Food Service

My wife and I had a threesome with a good friend of ours. I regret it later because he was , let's just say 'superior' to me in many ways.

- Response by A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 36-45, Self-Employed

I am sure that has happened to any number of us that have had the experience of spur of the moment sex outside of a relationship. You meet someone you get a phone #, have 1st date sex, or even have sex upon meeting. For the most part it is all good. Every now and again you can meet that Dr. Jekyl who becomes Ms. Hyde. If you are lucky, you are at their place so you just pick up your clothes and leave. Otherwise you have to suffer their presence until they leave--or you show them the door.

- Response by gilpill, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Chicago, Internet / New Media