My boyfriend only sleeps on the couch, says it's not me, but I can't help but feel that it is. Help!
Dating / 1:16 PM - Tuesday October 27, 2009

my boyfriend only sleeps on the couch, says it's not me, but I can't help but feel that it is. Help!

We have been dating for a hear and a half, and living together a year. we are still having sex, but he says that he has slept on the couch for the better part of 10 years and the habit is hard to break. For me it's so hard to be ok with this, I can't help feeling like it's because of me and that he is no longer attracted to, or wants to be with me...however he keeps telling me it has nothing to do with me and he wishes I could just let it go.
I don't know what to do...or how to feel.

Get rid of the couch.

I'd prefer to sleep on the couch, i don't but i'd prefer it. I find it hard to share a bed but it has nothing to do with not loving my s/o. I just like my space and not having to hear him snore.

When I sleep I snore, sweat and roll over all night. When I am in bed with someone, I am self-conscious to the point that I will not sleep.

Needless to say, I am always sleeping on the couch.

- Response by bigmacc, A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55, Rochester

Be relieved you have the bed to yourself... aaaawwwww ..

Did he sleep on the couch when you first moved in together or is this a new thing? If he always slept on the couch - since the beginning - let it go. If it's something new - then it's most likely you . maybe your feet stink or your ass stinks. Maybe you have horrible gas in the middle of the night, who knows. But if he just all of a sudden changed, then it is you.

p.s. guys will not admit when something is really wrong, because they still want sex and they don't want all the drama.

- Response by A Trendsetter, Female, 36-45

Look, you shouldn't read into it. Seriously!! My friend has been married to her husband for 8 years and the husband as always slept on the couch, while she slept in her bed. That's just the way their marriage is and they are still happy! I heard from her that she prefers him to sleep on the couch anyways because he snores and kicks her in the middle of the night! I wouldn't sweat it, as long as you guys are intimate that's all that matters! =) Hope this helps! =)

- Response by A Thinker, Female, 26-28, Student

Oh yes,it does have something to do with you! Either he wanted to marry,and you don't,or maybe his conscience is whipping on him for "shacking",that he may be feeling guilty about committing fornication. Instead of asking why you don't sleep together,ask him what are his plans for you and him over supper.

- Response by yourcousinlre, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Baltimore, Medical / Dental