The ex girlfriend just contacted me after 5 months.
Dating / 7:46 PM - Monday October 26, 2009

My ex and I have been broken for 6 months. Two months after we broke up she already had another boyfriend. I was hurt but I went no contact after our beakup. Our break up was good, but then It went bad. She wasnt very nice to me when we dated.
She sent me an email 3 days ago. She never asked any questions, the email just said I hope your doing good. Well it doesnt matter what it said, but why has she contacted me after 6 months ? and what should I do ?
I never responded back at all.

She is either starting to think that she screwed up or is missing the control she had over you. Either way, I would leave her and her email in the past. You seem like she hurt you so I would recommend staying away.

- Response by boggob, A Guy Critical, Male, 29-35, Political / Government

She probably thinks that you have both had time apart enough for you to get over each other, and now is initiating contact because she wants to be friends.

She broke up with you, so I guess she was giving you some space.

If you want to be her friend and can face and accept that she's with another guy, you should send her a message back, maybe go out for coffee. But don't get your hopes up on a reunion, her actions don't necessarily suggest that is what she intends by contacting you.

- Response by An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35, Student

She contacted you because she was thinking of you. The more time that passes, has a way of fogging out the vivid details. She probably didn't consider she treated you bad and was hoping you would responnd. At best to assure her you two are still friends.

- Response by lovelylife, A Thinker, Female, Who Cares?

Who knows maybe her current relationship is going sour. She's had time to think about you and the relationship. Maybe she just saying hi. Who knows as long as the communication was not negative.

- Response by nymodel3, A Creative, Female, 56-65, Atlanta, Fashion

You said that she was not very nice to you. There is no need to open this wound. Stick to your "no contact" sentiments and continue with what you have been pursuing in your life. Remember~~ an ex is an ex for a reason.

- Response by zibet58, A Thinker, Female, Who Cares?, Teaching

Ignore her. You know what she wants. She just wants some poor-me love or whatever and once she gets it you'll be back in the dump. IGNORE HER!

- Response by TheSshhmoe, An Alternative Girl, Female, 22-25, Student

It's obviously from another planet, because no "she" I know of would ever contact an ex-boyfriend for any reason other than money, sex, or to break your heart all over again. Report it a phishing.

- Response by A Creative, Male, 29-35, Teaching

unless your scared write back with a very neutral reply.

- Response by jmiker714, A Guy Critical, Male, 29-35, Los Angeles, Therapist