Im single and 30 years old, no kids. Why do some guys think its strange that I am not married yet?
Dating / 12:51 PM - Monday October 26, 2009

I am single, 30year old, with no children. My most recent relationship ended 8 months ago or so. I meet new guys and they are very wary that I dont have any children and I am not married or significantly attached to someone. I mean they have real issues with it. What gives?

Update: October 26, 2009.
Thanks guys for responding. I appreciated all of the feedback.

- Asked by A Life of the Party, Female, 29-35, Therapist

Usually at your age a woman has been married or had a child but not everyone. Just smile and tell them you haven't met the man yet who has tempted you into marriage and motherhood. There doesn't have to be issues ..Rosey

The right guy will consider himself luckier than hell to have found you and found that you are not married/divorced/divorc ed with fifteen kids.

I'm 44 with no kids.

Try that date one on for size with a kid/grandkid loving female population.

- Response by guy506, A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55, Houston, Other Profession

That's just crazy. I know several women over 30 who are still single and don't have any kids. These days, it's no big deal. Why should a woman be in a hurry to marry and start a family when she has so many more options than her mother and grandmother had?
Some guys are just impossible to please. Some of the same ones who find your situation strange would probably be running for the hills if you told them you were a single mom.
Be you, and don't apologize to anyone.

I think ppl find it more strange you haven't been knocked up yet. I wouldn't waste energy wondering why ppl wonder why.

You'll never get married. You'll never figure it out. Your relationship with your father has everything to do with it and you will live alone when you are old. Deal with it.

- Response by syntaxx, A Hippie Chick, Female, 29-35, Administrative

You're quite fine. Both men and women are getting married later, and having kids later-you still have a decade to decide who to marry and have kids with.

I would avoid all these guys who make you feel uncomfortable-they seem to live in the stone age. There are plenty others out there-go hang out with them! :-)

John
Founder
Dating-profile.com

- Response by johngdating, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 36-45, Executive