What could we use instead of wedding rings?
Married Life / 11:41 PM - Saturday October 24, 2009

So obviously i'm getting married soon. i'd like to know any ideas of something we could exchange instead of rings. my fiance and i have always been out-of-the-box- thinkers, but the task of thinking of something unique to do for our wedding in this respect has turned out to be quite the battle. i also haven't been able to find diddly squat on the internet about such inquiries.

sooo, and ideas on what to use instead of wedding rings?

hmmm the only thing i could say is instead of a ring is tatoo's of rings.. or something.. i think it was angelina jolie, and billybob thorton they showed their love wearing a lil vile of each other's blood around their neck.. it's kinda hard as tradition is wedding rings. but you'll think of something.. both of sit down and discuss things ya both like and then ya can come to a conclusion.. good luck

- Response by mburgos, A Cool Mom, Female, 46-55, Philadelphia, Who Cares?

My lady I would get necklaces with the two 1/2 hearts on it and give one to him and the other to yourself to show that when joined together your one heart ,one love and one soul!! grats on your upcoming wedding and happy years together, I am the husband of a beautiful woman for 23 yrs with 4 children and 6 gorgous grandchildren!!

- Response by ptawillis, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 56-65, Medical / Dental

Ok. so you want to exchange something symbolic of your union, but not have it be a ring. (That's totally cool with me--me and my b/f have declared no diamonds at the least.)

The big question then is whether you want to exchange something that will be VISIBLE to others as a sign of your status and commitment to one another, or do you simply wan to exchange something meaningful about your marriage.

If it is something that doesn't need to be visible to others, what comes to mind is (especially if you have written them yourselves) scrolls of your vows wrapped in ribbon.

Or, you might consider small boxes of cherished things from each of you that then fit together (like stack or something). Symbolic of combining your passions and lives if you get what I mean.

- Response by kdare, A Creative, Female, 46-55, Buffalo, Other Profession

Trust me, young one. Get the ring. Something of value is important these days. Do the rings, but then also do tattoos. I dare you!

- Response by nofreksho, A Trendsetter, Female, 36-45

my girlfriend and her husband exchanged watches.i want something sellable/pawnable if heaven forbid the marriage doesnt work!

- Response by bhindth8ball, A Thinker, Female, 46-55