If hubby agreed to go for marriage counseling does it mean that he's willing to work on the marriage
Family & Parenting / 9:00 PM - Tuesday October 20, 2009

I've been having a problem with my marriage lately and i decided that we need to see a marriage counselor. do you think he's going to the marriage counselor means he's willing to work on the marriage?

Update: October 20, 2009.
Thanks you all for your quick and inspiring responses. i sincerely do appreciate it!

if he agreed to go i would say he wants to keep the marriage together.

- Response by tleeb, A Guy Critical, Male, Who Cares?, Dallas, Other Profession

I would think that is the reason why he would agree to go with you. it would be a waste of time and money if he didn't try to make things better between the two of you

Maybe he just doesn't want to be the one who gets blamed for the divorce, so he goes to counseling to say he tried to work things out. That way when you get depressed and file for divorce he can say it was your fault.

- Response by damnpoor, A Couch Potato, Male, 29-35, Other Profession

Well, it a good sign that he may be willing to, no guarantee, but a lot better than if he refused to do so.

- Response by grinandbareit, An Engaged Guy, Male, 46-55, Other Profession

no, of course not. there may be pressures brought to bear (including guilt, fear, family expectations) that allow him to agree to attend, but will not motivate him to work on a genuine and long-lasting solution.

I would think he is willing to work on it.Good luck.

Duh!

Sorry, but DUH!

No. My ex-husband agreed to marriage counseling and went for a few times and claimed that I didn't want to do it any more. If he's decided that he doesn't love you any more; it's over.

- Response by lehualani63, An Alternative Girl, Female, 46-55, Executive

Yes, obviously, what else would it mean?

- Response by An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45, Political / Government

It's a good sign he's willing to.. hopefully the counseling will help. Alot of men won't go, so he wouldn't if he wasn't.

- Response by melmac, A Thinker, Female, 29-35

Well not agreeing would be a clear sign that he has given up. So this must mean something else...

- Response by siouxzen, A Career Woman, Female, Who Cares?, Guadalajara, Self-Employed

Certainly is a positive sign he wants to go and YES is willing to try it.
Goodluck hope u both listern and able to work it out.

instead of wasting the money on a marriage counselor, tell him to give the money to you and for him to get his act together*

A guy lately told me that his ex took him to marriage counseling, he appreciate taht a lot since he recognized that he should quit his marriage without looking back. He told me when they left she invited to a restaurant since she was so happy theyd id it, he was also so happy since he was sure more than ever that its time to leave.

In my experience he only said yes to shut me up and only went to one session

- Response by reddieyear99, Female, 66 or older, Retired