Group Interview @ Hollister Co.
Career / 6:07 PM - Thursday October 15, 2009

Group Interview @ Hollister Co.

I've never shopped at Hollister Co. in my life-Charlotte Russe is more my style-, but I've been doing my research and getting familiar with the company because I have a group interview tomorrow.

Does anyone know anything significant about the clothing brand that maybe I should know?

I didn't know that they were a California surf based brand which is great because I love surfing and water sports in general :D

Does anyone have any tips for a group interview?

I'm suppose to wear a t-shirt and jeans. Do you think I should wear a Hollister shirt or would that seem desperate? If so I need to go shopping!

Update: October 15, 2009.
What kind of questions should I ask?

- Asked by georgiagirl404, A Hippie Chick, Female, 22-25

No, I wouldn't wear a Hollister shirt, I'd put on something comfortable and something that represents your personality.

Tips? Try to answer the questions as if each person in the group were asking you the question. So, direct your eyes to each person as you are speaking.

- Response by 2understand, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Columbus

This is what I know of them: They are a division of Abercrombie & Fitch. They are SoCal style but they are out of Ohio. ?
Their logo is a Seagull.

I wouldn't wear a Hollister t-shirt to the interview but I'd wear an A&F t-shirt if I could get one.

You've got tonight; do your research on the company.
A group interview usually means you'll be addressing several members of the company. Focus on what YOU bring to the table; your strengths, your goals, your education, your previous job experience, customer service skills and so on.
You should know something about the company but you need to stress what YOU have to offer.
Good-luck!

- Response by jenny12, A Career Woman, Female, 46-55, Other Profession

Make sure you make eye contact with all of them when answering and asking your questions. Do not wear their t shirt. Make sure you ask plenty of questions even ones you may know the answer to. Also make is obvious that you did some research. Good luck

Don't wear a Hollister shirt, wear a nice shirt but not one with a label on it.

Funny story about Hollister...I live near there and I've driven through it tons of times. The first time I saw a Hollister shirt was in 2005 in Texas. I thought, "That's cool, that guy must be from California also." Then about a month later I saw the store and realized it was just a brand. Between you and me though, I don't know anyone from that area who wears that type of style.

- Response by damnpoor, A Couch Potato, Male, 29-35, Other Profession

Update:
If they ask if you have any questions, don't say, "No".
Have at least two questions prepared in case they ask but don't ask a question they've already answered.

For example:

Them: "Do you have any questions?"

You: "I do. What could I do, initially, that would help you and the team?"

"Do you have any other questions or concerns about my ability
to perform this job well? I'd be happy to address them."

DON'T ASK A LOT ABOUT WAGES OR BENEFITS AT THIS POINT. You can ask about that after they offer you the job.

Also, don't forget to thank them for their time and interest.
Be courteous.