I fell yesterday hurt my knee calf and foot
Diet & Health / 12:56 PM - Saturday October 10, 2009

the foot is so sore today I can not walk on it I am using a crutch now anyone have any idea how long this usually takes to heal ?

- Asked by bigcurt, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 56-65, Pittsburgh, Self-Employed

It takes about a week to heal a sprained ankle. I hope you didn't break it. That happened to me once.

Wow, I'm sorry Curt, I hope you'll be feeling better soon. You need to take care of yourself. As Fbomb says, ice it and I would elevate it. I would see a doctor if it's not better in a few days to make sure you haven't broken anything.

I'm sorry this has happend to you.It might take a couple of days before you can walk somewhat good. Are you sure you did not break something?Hope it heals soon.

have u been icing your knee...sounds like something might be swollen. so i'd say one u get the swelling down u will be able to walk. maybe get a brace for your foot that is like a compression sleeve it will make it easier to walk and if u ice your knee for 20min ever hour it should begin to feel better.

It depends on what you did to it. You should really see a doc.

I dont know but I hope you feel better soon. Good luck

- Response by bebekitti, A Married Girl, Female, 29-35, Home Maker

Did you want By-tor to come over a kiss it to make it better?

- Response by wetwired, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 29-35, Vancouver, Who Cares?

LOL Curt. pissed again huh.. LOL..
Have u had it checked out Curt?
U could feel more pain 2nd and 3rd day for sure maybe a few more days also as muscles and ligements re align if not torn. Swelling will acure then settle Did u ice after fall? At your/our age group Curt could take awhile depending on your weight also including what u do in between now and healing process. Take it easy and elevate often (keep of foot)
if no skin breaks to calf and foot areas use a linement cream like deep heat etc to warm up muscles so they ease and not freeze up. Use linemet often and slowly ease stretch your foot also when linement is on. carefully.. If pain becomes more see a doctor as u may have done more damage than u think. An xray will be taken to see what damage has been done. Use Iburophen or paracetamol for pain also.
Recover well Curt.
cheers