What does it mean when a guy kisses with his eyes open?
Sex & Intimacy / 9:19 PM - Thursday October 08, 2009

what does it mean when a guy kisses with his eyes open?

everytime when we're kissing, i open my eyes and see him looking at me. i don't understand it. is it love or what?

I don't think it means that he is in love or that it means that he is not in love. I don't know if any scientist has ever attempted to answer that question. I do know that people like to use all of their senses when being intimate. Touch, taste, sight, smell, and audition all contribute to our romantic experiences. Men use their vision more than women do to determine how attracted they are. Sight is just more important to them (which explains why women are the ones who have to dress up and look fancy while many men choose to look grungy). I think that for him, seeing you is contributing to his romantic feelings. And that is a good thing! It means that he enjoys the way you look! Or else he would keep his eyes shut!
I think a lot of men don't keep their eyes open because they can't really see very well from such a close distance. But if he can, more power to him!

- Response by A Thinker, Female, 26-28, San Francisco

It's creepy.
Idk, maybe he thinks you're really pretty and can't take his eye off of you. I've never had that happen.

- Response by bliss0392, A Thinker, Female, 22-25

I like watching their reaction :D Sometimes it's really funny cause it's soooo sweet.

- Response by georgiagirl404, A Creative, Female, 22-25

I think it means nothing. Some people kiss with their eyes open, some don't, some do it some times and not others. It just happens to be the way he kisses.

- Response by carinabay, A Cool Mom, Female, 46-55, Lawyer

Good grief woman. If his eyes were closed you'd want to analyze that too.

It means nothing.

It could be a multitude of reasons, to start sorting them out (if you want to make a big deal out of this) is to start asking yourself questions. Does he do it every time? Or are there times when he doesn't if so what's different? He could like seeing your response, the closing of eyes usually means you're enjoying it and want to concentrate on the feeling of the kiss. It could be as simple as that, personally I wouldn't worry about one little quirk, I'd be more focused on making sure he's not some serial killer. Sometimes we get a little too hung up on tiny things and miss big signals. Like perhaps, he doesn't close his eyes because he's afraid of intimacy. Well while you're so focused on his weird eye thing, you could be missing him trying to avoid meeting your folks or friends, declaring marriage is suffocating or that single life is the best, all clear signs that he's afraid or doesn't want to be tied down in any way. Believe it or not that could happen.

- Response by Yuki_Kuran, A Thinker, Female, 26-28

Awl, he's in the moment.
Love..only you can answer that, how does he treat you??
Love in a kiss...humm?
I know I've kiss my man with my eyes open and I adore him.
Same for him.

- Response by pinknblu, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

Hmm.

Well, you had to open your eyes in order to see that his were open. So maybe he had only opened his eyes to check and see if you had opened yours. And maybe he's asking himself the same question you're asking. Or not.

Seriously. Why are you even dwelling on this?

I am 35. My husband passed away VERY recently.. he was 30. I have been looking thorough our photos lately, and notice ALL the kissing ones his eyes are always open... But, he ALWAYS told me , his favorite feature of me was my face . He definitely loved me. I and I him . Men are more visually simulated, AND OPRAH SAID... Kissing should involve as many senses as possible.. touch , taste, smell , feel AND SIGHT! Don't regard those stupid site that say he just a " spectator" my husband loved me Sooooo much. It is a TREMENDOUS DEVASTATION to lose him so early in life. I'll never find a man so great! If he is kissing you, in the same manor as you are kissing him, except his eyes are open... He just is looking and completely enjoying you! And waiting for when you open YOUR eyes, to meet his gaze . Try kissing him with YOUR eyes open. VERY INTENSE! ( use all your senses too !, a thing of absolute passion)

- Response by A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Pittsburgh, Other Profession

He might not be aware that it's not normal. It does creep the other person out

- Response by melmac, A Thinker, Female, 29-35