Do men like receiving love letters?
Dating / 2:54 PM - Wednesday October 07, 2009

Do men like receiving love letters?

My marine boyfriend is deployed and I am trying to find nice ways to remind him that I love him and he's missed. I feel kind of silly trying to write a love letter because he's not a particularly sappy or sentimental person. But I would love to do it if I thought he might like it. Any thoughts from you guys out there who don't wear your hearts on your sleeves either?

Update: October 07, 2009.
Thanks for all of the responses. I send him mail every day that he's gone, but have yet to send an actual love letter. I'm happy to say that he'll be receiving one shortly:)

Send him letters. Send him lots of letters. When there is a distance like this, and especially if he's on tour, then always do it, and do it frequently!

- Response by timeforanoverhaul, A Father Figure, Male, 36-45, Managerial

I think he would cherish every single word

- Response by sunshine26, A Cool Mom, Female, 29-35, Los Angeles

I know some men would.I think that is nice to do.

I personally know many macho men who have saved every single hand written letter they have ever received.

Yes, I think it's a wonderful and very touching idea.

Speaking from experience....you'll make his day. And each day that he re-reads it, too.

- Response by drumboi2, A Guy Critical, Male, 56-65

I'm a sucker for a good love letter -- especially from the one I love. I may not be the best guy to answer this question.

Write one. WHat have you got to lose? Your his girl.. give him something to remember him by.. give him hope and encouragement.

If he gets hit, whats to say, that those things may be the last thing on his mind?

Make them peaceful loving and memorable.

- Response by skycop, A Father Figure, Male, 46-55, Consulting

I am sure it would be greatly appreciated, and even if he isnt (outwardly) emotional or sentimental, a little subtle naughtiness might help too!

- Response by wallvis, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 66 or older, Retired

Of course he'll like it, he'll LOVE it! They look forward to mail from loved ones, just receiving it makes them feel loved & missed. You don't have to go all poetic about it. Just tell him how you feel & keep it simple. Tell him what you've been up to & how much you look forward to seeing him again. You could even start writing him on a regular basis, you'll find it makes you feel closer to him & he'll look forward to your letters.

- Response by melmac, A Thinker, Female, 29-35