My boyfriend didn't get my anything for my birthday is that wrong?
Dating / 2:43 AM - Monday October 05, 2009

My boyfriend and i had been together for 10 months...he didn't get me so much as a card for my birthday, and complained about how "tired" he was from his hard day at work at my birthday dinner. It was awful, and i'm still mad that he didn't even attempt to get me anything. Am I wrong for feeling this way? especially after I had spoiled him gifts on his birthday!

Update: October 05, 2009.
Thank you everyone for your reply's. It's nice to know that I'm not crazy for feeling that way!! looks like I have a decision to make. Thanks again : )

imagine being married to him for 45/50 yrs yuk

All that I can tell you is that, this is previews of coming attractions. This is what you can expect if you continue the relationship. This IS who he IS.

Not a good indication of a happy future... :(

My lady you have every right to be mad at him and he should know that also, to complain how tired he is at your BD dinner is lame and shallow. He is taking you for granted and thats not right either, next time (if there is a next time) On his Birthday dont get him diddly crap and see what he thinks and get him a card that reads I got you what you got me last year here(nothing)ENJOY!! MY mom taguht us kids to never be taken for granted or be second to no-one ever!!My Mom( passed on this past year) was street smart woman who knew how to love !!

- Response by ptawillis, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 56-65, Medical / Dental

Here's the lesson for you to learn: When someone SHOWS you who they are.. Believe them.

He's showing you who he is.

So.. what do you think?

Can you go without gifts the rest of your life? It's not the gifts that matter, it's the love and thoughts that matter and make you feel special.

- Response by lacey07, A Life of the Party, Female, Who Cares?, Other Profession

there are few occasions when i believe you should WANT to show your girlfriend how much they matter to you... birthdays are definitely one of them... you have every right to be mad at him and you shouldn't put up with him... to not even get a card is sad and pathetic... i'm sure you deserve someone much better than that...

- Response by jjv1272, A Guy Critical, Male, 26-28

Yes, to not even get you a card was insensitive. How selfish is that.

Aww yes you should definitely be mad! He should have at least tried to do SOMETHING special for you. Good luck!!

- Response by sxxybrittany, A Life of the Party, Female, 22-25, Other Profession