When a guy says he is confused and don't know what he wants, what does that mean usually?
Dating / 11:30 PM - Friday October 02, 2009

when a guy says he is confused and don't know what he wants, what does that mean usually?

we dated a year, talk about marriage and kids, picked out our kids name. Made plans to go on weekend trips, and plan a life together. Now i am sitting alone, confused, and sad for he doesn't know what he wants and wants to call off everything.

- Asked by tj73, A Thinker, Female, 36-45

You scared him with all your talks about the future and long term planning. He likes you, but he doesn't want to be "trapped." And that's how he's starting to feel.

- Response by bliss0392, A Thinker, Female, 22-25

That he is not sure does he want you and this becomes a problem for you as for rest what he is not sure of who cares ...

- Response by shygirl1979, A Career Woman, Female, 22-25, Who Cares?

It means that you have to forget about him. Really.....he does know he does not want you. I am sorry to be so blunt but I hate when I hear that expression..."I am confused...I dont know what I want..".bla...bla....th at has been used since I was young.....go wonder? LOL You will get to plan a life together with someone who is not confused and does know what he wants..... Do not get anxious.... Walk out of that relationship with dignity. Good luck and God Bless

- Response by rosybarreto, A Married Girl, Female, 56-65, Teaching

sounds like he is having second thoughts. He is backtracking. When a man goes in reverse like that, it usually means that he is trying to pull the disappearing act. The only thing you can do is to let him go. Give him space, if he decides that he still wants you, he will be back.I honestly think you are better off without him. After all, would you want someone that doesn't know if he wants to be with you You are much better off moving on and finding someone that knows what he wants, and what he wants is YOU!!

- Response by iamboo2, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Charlotte, Therapist