Why do men talk to other women while they are talking to you?
Dating / 8:44 PM - Sunday September 27, 2009

I have been talk to this guy for 4 months he's also a guy friend. We've been talking about getting in a serious relationship. Anyways he has asked me to be his girlfriend but I've told him that I want to wait and see. Anyways I have have seen in his phone texts of two different girls he's talked to while he's been trying to get with me. The first one he explained I didn't ask him anything about it he just told me about it. Now today I see another one about him having lunch with some other girl. We spent pretty much all day today at his house watching movies and stuff. He ended falling asleep because he works the graveyard shift. I ended up getting my stuff and leaving without telling him. We have not had sex or any of that. What bothers me is that he tells me that I'm the one he wants and here he is talking to someother girl about taking her to lunch. Why do guys do this? Why do they have to have other women lined up like if they are picking some kind of outfit? What's the need for him to tell me he wants me and than goes behind my back and is now talking to someone else? We've had some great times but I'm starting to feel that I should just let go now because of how I'm not the only one he wants and is now trying to impress someother woman. Just stay friends and leave at that. Why is it that men do this and still tell you that your their everything. This guy has liked me for a long time but seems like is not enough to wait for me.

- Asked by An Alternative Girl, Female, 26-28

Hold up there girlfriend!!!

He ASKED you to be his girlfriend, and you said you wanted to wait and see. like, expect him to wait around for you to make up your mind and NOT date other people? That is REALLY unfair!

If a man has to pass a test for you to date him, that is really wrong.

- Response by myndseye711, A Cool Mom, Female, 29-35, Managerial

Are you for real? He asked you to be in a said no. So, he's dating around. You're not his girlfriend so you have NO RIGHT to get pissed about this. If you want him to yourself, you should have said yes to being in a relationship.

- Response by fanny500, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Financial / Banking

You admit that you told him you didn't want a serious relationship, but then you expect him to act like you are in one... You can't have it both ways cupcake. Seems to me that you want him to be commited, but you don't have to do the same. No wonder he is talking to other women.

He asked you to be his girlfriend, and you told him to wait and see. That's his sign that you are both free to date other people. Don't expect princess treatment. No matter how much he likes you, as long as you're keeping your options open, any normal, self-respecting guy is going to do the same thing.

Would you happen to live in Tampa? If so, it might be a coincidence and I might actually know who the guy is you are referring to. I know this guy who explained to me about a girl in FL in your age range with the same situation. So, let me know and I can help you even further.

- Response by A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Self-Employed