Question regarding distance on a treadmill
Diet & Health / 8:18 PM - Saturday September 26, 2009

I'm sure this is a stupid question, but here goes. I am trying to figure out, if you walk the treadmill 3.0, how many minutes will it take to reach a mile? I am trying to set up a plan for myself, so eventually I can build up to 5 miles by May, for the cancer walk.

Thanks

- Asked by sheltie11, Female, 66 or older

I think that the setting of 3 will take 20 minutes for 1 mile.

I think it means 3 miles per hour- so if you walk for 1 hour that will be 3 miles. If you walk for 20 minutes that will be 1 mile. If you walk for 1 hour and 40 minutes that will be 5 miles.

- Response by meowmeowww, A Thinker, Female, 29-35

According to the treadmill, it will take about 16 minutes if you walk the pace on level 3.

- Response by zerotohero2, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45, Los Angeles, Who Cares?

depends on how fast you walk it or what the grade is. for instance if you walk 5 miles perhour with a grade of 2 than it would talk longer than if you walked it 7 miles per hour with a grade of 2.

- Response by nationalguardwife04, A Married Girl, Female, 36-45, Medical / Dental

Not sure, but going by the other responses, you should have a good idea. I wanted to congratulate you, sometimes the hardest part is starting.

- Response by newyorkjoe, A Career Man, Male, 36-45, Lawyer

You should do 15 minutes per mile.

- Response by debski, A Career Woman, Female, 36-45, Detroit, Science / Engineering

The average person walks 2 to 3 miles an hour, so I'd say it's the same on a treadmill.

- Response by whatnow, A Life of the Party, Male, 46-55, Phoenix

I always assumed that the numbers meant miles per hour. So a 3 would be 3mph or 20 minutes.....

- Response by selectivegirlsdna, An Alternative Girl, Female, 46-55, Montreal, Managerial