What does it mean exactly when you say "no life"?
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 3:30 PM - Friday September 25, 2009

what does it mean exactly when you say "no life"?

when you or someone says "that person has no life" or when you imply someone doesn't have a life by saying something like "I have a life so I don't gossip"
Id like to know what you mean when you say this

does it mean you think you are better than someone else or do you think that other person is a loser?

It means a person is living an unhappy and unsatisfying existence. Because, they have no social life, no friends, and no relationship, the only happiness they get is making others whose lives they envy, miserable. Or, they might have all of those things, but are in an unhappy marriage. They desire to have a single life where they can see who they want without cheating. They are jealous and envious you something others have. They see you socializing and having a single life with happiness.

They seek to disrupt your life by constantly creating mess and drama. Misery loves company, that's what it means. If someone truly has a fulfilling life and are happy, they are not going to spend most of their time gossiping or trying to wreck havoc, or enjoying the unhappiness in someone else life. Most people like this are angry, lonely, and hate themselves. I don't care how much confidence they show or how well-liked they seem to be.

When I say,"I have a life." ...I mean that I do not have time, or could care less about probing into someone else's business or drama.

When I say a person has 'no life', I usually mean it to say that the person either has a lot of time on their hands or they are 'bored' with the life they are leading and will use outside happenings to help make 'conversation' with others...I don't mean it in a way where I think they are beneath me or where I think they are a loser, but I do mean it to imply that the person can't think of anything to talk about so instead talks about neighbors or things they have heard from others...I guess some would call it 'visiting' but to me, its gossip because its passing information about a person/people to another and possibly making it more 'interesting' than it should be or is...:D

My understanding is that people who lack a life find themselves reoccupied with other peoples lives to the point they are obcessed with things like gossiping, etc instead of going out and being occupied with their life.

- Response by blucat, A Thinker, Female, 56-65, Executive

It means they self absorb in petty things instead of pursuing their goals happiness and friendships.

- Response by dreamspinner, A Thinker, Female, Who Cares?, Chicago

It means that they have more things going on in their life of importance ..than to spend time relating and retelling what other people are doing in theirs... Uusally this is said when people get waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay up into someones elses personal business that doesn't affect them personally....

Example: I heard that he moved in with her and boy is she ever gonna regret that...because I thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiink.....blah, blah blah....

See ???? Nonya....None of YOUR BUSINESS...

- Response by lady4u, A Married Girl, Female, 56-65, Cincinnati, Who Cares?

It would simply mean I don't have time for it. When one has concrete interests to partake in, there's no room for gossip, looking out your window, etc.

- Response by wudaddy, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 29-35, Dallas, Law Enforcement