If a man is getting too attached, does he back off?
Dating / 12:33 AM - Friday September 25, 2009

Are they secretly waiting for you to contact them? Is it some kind of game?

This does happen with SOME men. But, I believe that the ones, who are affected like this, do not have a conscious awareness it is happening. So, I would have to also say that they are NOT PLAYING GAMES.

Overall, when most men appear to be: BACKING OFF, they are really attempting to show their dis-interest. Many men have a problem with effective communication. Where WE might just TELL the other person how we are feeling, a man, would more often times, than not, avoid and back off.

Again, I do not believe there is any game involved MOST OF THE TIME. When men begin to go down a road that makes them uncomfortable, they will turn and run, rather than talk and explain their feelings.

No my lady in my experiences its the lady that will usually back off if the man is getting attached!!! I guess that some men can get the cold feet if he thinks he is geting to close but for me it was always the female who pushed me away if I moved to fast!! I domt mind to fast, I hate to slow!!

- Response by ptawillis, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 56-65, Medical / Dental

I have been there before, but I have a decent talk with him.
This is what he told me (taught me). To be more positive than going into a helpless rejected victim mode that you slip into very easily.
Men need more space.
And some tips from dating coach:
What men want in women?
Man love woman who love herself that most attractive
They want you have your own opinions yours own ideas be your own independent person
Man wants to take care of you but being your full and whole not in needed in dependent
So men want a woman who love herself so the best you could do is really take of yourself look at your need and figure out what's most important to you and don't change that for any body the worst thing is try to change who you are to fit with man it going to a trend rocker its going to ended making you needed dependent.
Men can sense that men run into other direction, just be who you are be confident of about who you are so another the right man will attract to that so don't change who you are know you are wonderful and the right man will come to find you.

what is it with you women? don't you think a man would like to be contacted? we have hearts too you know. if anyone plays games it is women. show affection, you feel crowded. don't show affection, you feel neglected, and then break up. the way to a mans heart is thru his heart. the way to a womans heart is thru her brain. sometimes i wonder if women even know what love is at all. did you ever hear of a term called 'innitiative'? maybe you should try it sometime. you'll go far.

- Response by ken299, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 46-55, Who Cares?