Why are men so sensitive?
Dating / 12:53 PM - Wednesday September 23, 2009

Why are men so sensitive?

She was probably joking, since when are men so sensitive? Geez, maybe she thought she was being funny. You guys sure can dish it out but can't take it....

Update: September 23, 2009.
With all due respect my singleness is not what we are discussing here. I was merely stating that IF in fact she was joking then he took it the wrong way, I however, was not there and do not know the situation. I have had experiences with men who joke around quite a bit in a rude manner toward a woman but when the tables are turned they cannot take it coming back to them. I was simply making a comment from my personal experience. I don't recall posting about my personal views on men...

Update: September 23, 2009.
Woo hoo, I stirred up the nest! LOL so now this girl's apparent rudeness is the reason for my singleness... LOLLOL Thanks guys, this is fun :)

- Asked by funegirljen, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Sacramento, Administrative

That was rude.

Being over-sensitive is when you get pissed off because your girlfriend is laughing about your beer belly or those shoes you're wearing.

From his story, it's obvious that she made him feel like shit and then tried to play the victim later.

- Response by mantis, A Creative, Male, 18-21

Not a chance. You're making up an excuse for her rudeness.

It's very clear, and almost everyone read it this way, that what she was really saying is: "I'm not ready to leave, you go if you want to, I don't care, because you're not important enough for me to consider your needs, when mine are more important."

The response she gave.. is selfish, rude & disrespectful.

And don't even try to play.. you know DAMN well, that if YOU were out and ready to go home.. and your man told you "There's the door", as if he didn't care what you did or needed? You'd be pissed off, too.

agreed!

- Response by jojo914, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

either that or he was being a jerk prior to that and that's why she was pissed.

- Response by beanielou, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Halifax, Who Cares?

Wether it was said by male or female I would have considered it an insult.

Well, he does specifically say that she says he walked out of her house and left her behind. That's and after-the-fact responce. No, we don't know what happened during that time beforehand, it could have been a rough night, and things didn't go well. Or it could have been a good night, and, when he was expecting her to ask him to stay, she flatly told him he's free to go. Sometimes that hurts, too.

As for why men are so sensitive, why is it suddenly such an issue? Men have been grated on for years for being too hard, too rough, and now we start being open with our feelings and we're "too sensitive"?! Double-standard-much? We're sensitive because the feminists wanted their equality, which includes what amounts to sensitivity training for men. They got it. Thank your forebearers if you think he's too sensitive. We are raised to be moreso now.

- Response by doom2ruler, A Guy Critical, Male, 29-35, Technical

That was rude. Do you normally treat people you claim to love like that? I hope you enjoy your singleness. Most men with self respect chose not to put up with disrespect from their women.

Why are women so sensitive about their weight?

- Response by hatefemales, A Couch Potato, Male, 29-35

I was not there who knows what was meant..........why don't you ask?

- Response by jsj52006, A Trendsetter, Female, 56-65, Sacramento, Self-Employed

Do you really think men are too sensitive? Most of the time woman are complaining that men are not sensitive or understanding enough but on occasion when we are we get raked over the coals for it? No wonder we don't show emotion. If a woman made that same post there would be 10 other women telling her that he is a disrespectful jerk and she should leave him.

I bet your singleness has to do with your overall perception of men.

- Response by chal08, A Rebel, Male, 29-35