Why do guys say "i miss you" when they don't mean it!!?? Seriously...
Sex & Intimacy / 2:47 PM - Friday September 18, 2009

I have had a couple guys that I know, not dating but just talking to (hardly even "seeing" because they live or work far away), who have told me they miss me. In my head, it's like, how can you even miss me when you hardly see me??? And one of them, I'm pretty sure, just wants to be friends with benefits, and he told me he misses me right after I asked him about it and he alluded to the fact that he wants to be just friends with benefits (nothing has happened besides kissing, so I think he's just buttering me up to get in my pants). But seriously... do girls usually believe this when it's so obviously NOT true???

- Asked by jessibobessy1, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 26-28

Cause they know that YOU want to hear it!

Just being insincere and considerate!

How do you know it's not true?

It is simply a compliment. Is that so terrible?

I can only tell you what I believe and what I do

When I tell a woman that I miss her, I mean it with all my heart. You are so used to seeing people every day that when that schedule begins to change you miss certain things about them.

Personality, fun nature, whatever it may be. When I say it I mean it.

If she thinks how the heck can he miss me, well then, we obviously werent close in the first place and the friendship or whatever was one sided

- Response by curiousguy, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 29-35, Who Cares?

WELL hon, i think its "so obviously not true" in your world

when i say it i mean it, be it a friend, my wife, shit my dog

but with they way you have frazed this post, it kinda looks like your dating (even mentally) a few guys, and they are just trying to get closer to you

and how do you KNOW they do not miss you, your smell, your style, the way you look, your curves, etc, you don't know, your just ASSuming

either way looks like the relationshis your persueing are just fuck buddies, so in that case a guy has nothing to lose saying whatever it takes, you know, like all men have done throughout history, nothing new here

aloha

- Response by beautifulloser, A Rebel, Male, 36-45, Detroit, Executive

I think you're making assumptions. If you arent up for an FWB relationship, just tell this guy.

What did Buffy in studyhall say?

- Response by A Career Man, Male, 36-45, Lawyer