Recipe For Being a Happy Human
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 9:41 AM - Wednesday September 16, 2009

Recipe For Being a Happy Human

In light of an unusually heavy number of nasty hateful posts and responses we've seen so far this week (some of which never made it to the board they were so rude), that I am participating in Recipe Wednesday with my own Recipe.

We know when someone is negative, angry & rude all of the time, it's because they are not happy with themselves. We have some on this board that readily fall into this category. Day in and day out they never say nice things, take every opportunity to demean or condemn someone with a harsh litany of sarcasm, name calling and thinly veiled hatred, racism, gender bias, etc. They never have a balanced perspective. They don't post anything that's not fired up with hate and dribble.

Many of us get really annoyed with such people (and often respond in kind) but imagine how miserable they must be inside to be so consistently nasty? Today I find myself more sad for them than angry b/c it must be a very uncomfortable feeling inside to be so hateful and negative all the time. They have to let it out somehow. It's sad.

So my "recipe" today is a partial list of 25 tips for being Happy since it doesn't come natural to us all apparently. I'm only posting a few key ones but will include the link to all. I found numbers 3, 16, 17, 18 & 24 are particularly important to this Board. I hope you enjoy them and if you're one of the mean ones, I hope you get some flicker of light out them:

3. Foster and Nurture Relationships - A happy, fulfilling life is a life shared with family and friends.

16. Educate Yourself on the Facts - Ignorance is only bliss in a vacuum. In the real world you will eventually be confronted with the facts, and by then it may`be too late. Be aware of reality, get your facts straight and make educated decisions.

17. Think More, Talk Less - The more you think and the less you talk, the more you will learn and the less you will miss.

18. Own Up to Your Actions - Either you own up to your actions or your actions will ultimately own you.

24. Laugh - Some of the most memorable moments in your life will be moments spent in laughter. (This doesn't mean Laugh AT others).

Be well!

http://www.marcandangel .com/2008/05/29/how-to- live-the-good-life/

- Asked by thottienc, A Career Woman, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?