I haven't had a girlfriend in over four years, haven't been on a date in almost two. Deal breaker?
Dating / 4:13 PM - Tuesday September 15, 2009

I get this is sorta weird, but I haven't had a stable enough job/living situation to where I feel comfortable asking women out. I've been continuously employed and I'm coming to terms with the fact that this is how my career will probably always be. How much of an issue/turn off is it that I've had this long of a dry spell?

- Asked by A Career Man, Male, 29-35, Washington, DC, Other Profession

It isn't any of their business. So you don't have to tell them if you have had a girlfriend recently or not. Just say, you've been dating casually, but have had problems finding a good match recently. And leave it at that. It is not a big deal. I had a period of my life when I didn't date for over 2 and a half years.

You don't have to tell them about the dry spell....

No problem. Sounds like you were just trying to be responsible with your career.

- Response by ymiwu, A Career Woman, Female, 29-35

Not at all really. IMO, it shows you have the presence of mind to not date when you feel it's not the right time to do so. It shows you're not needy.

i don't think the fact you have not dated will be a big issue, but then agian it will depend on the woman/women you first ask out. it seems to me that your biggest issue is your job situation and you are wondering if getting a quality woman will depend upon your earning potential. it may, it may not. not all quality women are after your paycheck or what you can do for them. a woman of quality will love you for you and help you anyway she can.

- Response by divadancer2, An Alternative Girl, Female, 46-55, Other Profession

Ok. I think that you just have to stop for a minute (if you have a one :-)) and take a deep breath. It's ok to have a big career and a good job but you have to relax a bit when you are not working. You have to try to separate your job from your personal life if you don't want to live all your life alone. Now when your career is (more-less) stable try getting your personal life in order. There are nice girls out there who doesn't care how much money you earn but what kind of person you are. You just have to try to find them. Good luck! :-)

- Response by A Creative, Female, 29-35, Artist / Musician / Writer

If you lived in our area you would not be single the females ask the working guys out here