Common business practices
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 3:29 PM - Tuesday September 15, 2009

Common business practices

You know why automated customer service have you press numbers to indicate why you are calling?

This way they can prioritize by urgency of the caller not by first come, first serve basis.

If you call to complain, you will be put on hold a long time because the company hopes you will just give up and hang up and forget about the problem.

If you are a new, potential customer, they will answer your call quickly to give you the idea that all your calls will be answered quickly, as incentive to become a customer.

- Asked by 2stlouis, A Thinker, Female, 29-35

I figured this out long ago which is why when I call to cancel a service I usually press the option for new customer.

- Response by eccentrica, A Hippie Chick, Female, 36-45

True but sometimes when they realize why you are calling you get transferred into limbo

- Response by almostcoolmom4, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, New York, Other Profession

This response may be monitored for quality assurance.
~ PLEASE BEAR WITH US AND OUR ANNOYING PRACTICES! ~

Normally I figure out how to get to the operator and avoid the automated messages...Thats a great idea to press new customer lol Rosey