Men: How long do you have to wait after sex before you can do it again?
Sex & Intimacy / 12:38 PM - Tuesday September 15, 2009

I know it depends on the person, but the guy I used to date was up and ready for another 'session' straight away after he came and I loved it as I'm a horn dog like he was! LOL

But my current guy says he gets tired after he comes and he always goes to sleep or has to rest for a few hours before he can do it again. Is this an excuse?! I'm just wondering if this is common?

i'm more like your first boyfriend. and i'm 44, almost 45 years old. i don't need more then 10 minutes down time, during which i could be pleasing her with my tongue.

but i have had friends that say they only have the urge to make love twice a week. what WIMPS. talk about a lack of testosterone!

You must've really turned on your X-boyfriend!
The new guy's turned on by you, but not HOT for you like your X was.

- Response by Vickey69, A Married Girl, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

as long as it takes her to get her lips back on it. a few minutes maybe.

- Response by jackstraw, A Life of the Party, Male, 36-45, Who Cares?

He is normal.I went out with some one who could do it 8 to 10 times in a row.I regular sex machine.After all that sex he would go out and cheaat.I dropped that freak as soon as I found out

Each time can be different... As many factors are involved.
Sleep, nutrition, alcohol, other substance usage, medications.

I went 7 times one night, long ago... That's not likely, NOW!

All the men are going to say they can go for 72 hours straight. Why wouldn't they? Who's gonna say they only get it twice a week, if that. LOL

BTW, you answered your own question.

...:)

what did you do with that ex boyfriend ?

It depends on the guy and it depends on the situation.

In men, there is a flood of chemicals in the brain that happens during orgasm. Two of the effects happens because of these chemicals are our penis goes flaccid and we feel tired. Kind of like eating a large amount of turkey makes you feel tired.

Sometimes we have the desire and motivation to fight through that tired feeling. I'm sure if his best friend walked in the door, he'd fight through that feeling. But because he doesn't respect you as much, he chooses not to.

- Response by cosmicdog0, A Guy Critical, Male, 56-65, Denver, Science / Engineering

5 or 10 minutes with a little help from my lover :) and when I have been fortunate enough to be getting laid on a regular basis I have been able to get hard again almost immediately if my withering dick doesn't "Slip" out of her and I can start with very small slow strokes while it's still in the hole....

- Response by undercoverguy, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 56-65, Retired

For the first time it may be possible to get ready after a few minutes or in a drunken position, in other cases it is not possible to sex in sequence. Your current boyfriend is normal in sex.

- Response by A Guy Critical, Male, Who Cares?, Chicago, Who Cares?

it is common for a man to have to wait. in the last few years, because i am older and take some bp medications, i have to wait a while beofre i can go again. this can vary but i would say probably 20-30 min. i can still do stuff while im aiting to get hard again. if i am using viagra ( which, by the way, is the greatest drug ever made)i can go again in a few minutes or just continue activity after i cum and i will get hard again. when iwas younger, i used to be able to finish and without pulling out, start all over again without losing my erection. god, i miss those days. the most i was able to ever do was 3 orgasms.....

- Response by painless63, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 46-55

Let me think---- I got some in Feb. or March, so if I play my cards right---- oh, wait! You meant how soon I was ready.

- Response by wallvis, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 66 or older, Retired

Young men can get up and go just minutes after their first shot. Older men need more recoup time. I would like several hours to be 100% ready to perform. Of course, I could be persuaded otherwise...

Well after the first time I'm usualy ready to go again in a min or two, faster if she helps, after the second shot maybe like 5 min before the sensitiveity goes away enough to do it, after that I'm not real sure, my ex usualy wanted to stop after the 3rd time lol
but I might b a lil different I was a virgin 2 months ago lol

- Response by sunderstone, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 22-25, Dallas, Other Profession

These days give me an hour. It doesn't mean I can't be doing other things to allow you to enjoy the wait.

- Response by lom2009, A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55

it's normal. men are different and most need at least *some* resting time before going for another round. it is almost impossible for a man to acheive multiples also, hence why they need resting time between sessions. When they orgasm, sperm HAS to come out, it's a physical thing, for women it's different.

If this frustrates you and I'm sure it really does !!!; than it's time to move on to match up with someone who is more up to your speed. Good luck. Keep me posted.

- Response by patricktexture87, Female, 66 or older

I can get hard again fairly quickly but it usually takes me quite some time to cum again. This is sometimes well received as I can go for hours with enough lube, especially interspersed with some oral but some women feel that they are not satisfying me if it taked me a long time. This is not the case as I love to make a woman crazy!

- Response by sexytony617, A Creative, Male, 46-55, Boston, Consulting

with the right girl I can go again in 5 or 10 mins with some it is once a night

I've found most men (around late twenties and thirties) need at least a few hours, if not a day or more before they are ready again.

- Response by A Sweet Sarah, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

A man has inly so many shots in his locker, Use them early and you run out sooner

Wow; I'm glad I'm only 50...

I don't even have to take a breath, and it's 'go' time again...

To want to fall asleep is normal...I have heard that some chemical is released during orgasm that has a soporific effect.

Usually, I need at least an hour, but when I was younger, my recovery time was much shorter.

- Response by tomtomcat, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, New York, Teaching

It depends on how aroused I am. When I was younger, 5 minutes. At this age, at least 15 to 30 minutes.

- Response by An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45, Political / Government

With my husband it only takes HIM as long as it takes ME to get my lips around his cock.

- Response by me45613, A Cool Mom, Female, 36-45, Administrative