The "L" word. what does "love you" vs. "i love you" mean, if anything?
Dating / 2:05 AM - Tuesday September 15, 2009

So, he was the first to say 'it'; the 3 little words. But now it's always 'love you' not 'I love you'.

he was worried and didn't think i felt the same and i finally admitted it, and said, "i love you too".

i know this is very chick-ish. but why can't he add the "i" to it? i said i feel the same...

ideas?

- Asked by mtnluv29, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Self-Employed

now that its done, your and his feeling are the same, he probably is more comfortable saying love's on a daily basis which doesn't include "I". its nice that he's comfortablew with you!

- Response by laylayla, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

Love you. very casusl
I love you. a bit more serious
I am in llove with you. is better

"Love you" is familiar and comfortable, not so heavy with expectations... Most relationships go from "I am falling in love with you", to "I am falling in love with you", to "I love you" to the steady and yet no less real "love you" ... IMO

- Response by siouxzen, A Creative, Female, Who Cares?, Los Angeles, Self-Employed

He is a man
need i say more : ) ?

- Response by shygirl1979, A Career Woman, Female, 22-25, Who Cares?

Sometimes, when a child isn't told he's loved, they're uncomftorable, saying "I Love You' so love you, [if this should be the case with b/f] doesn't make one seem as vulnerable.

So at his point, I wouldnt make an issue out of it. I think in time, he'll say those, cherished and coveted three little words. be patient, and if this doesnt happen ask him why he doesnt add the "I", tell him it sounds so much more sincere and means a lot to you.

- Response by A Thinker, Female, Who Cares?, Chicago

My boyfriend was hurt in the past and it took him time to tell me his feelings. He still feels more comfortable saying 'love you'. But when he knows it's necessary ie. when I'm feeling down about something, or something is not right, he will say 'I love you'. I prefer the 'I', but I'm sure of his feelings so it doesn't make too mcuh difference.

Why don't you say it, or write it... he might be more willing to say 'i love you' if he's sure you share the feelings.

- Response by An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35, Student