Do you think it is easier for a man or a woman to be single?
Dating / 6:05 PM - Monday September 14, 2009

Or do you think it's pretty much the same?

- Asked by npink22, A Trendsetter, Female, 26-28

I think it's harder for a woman.

Single women get hounded all the time about settling down. There's a stigma attached to a woman who is not dating or in a relationship...the old maid label. Whereas, a single man is labeled as free and open-minded and people kind of chuckle and say, 'when's he ever going to settle down.'

I also think that men are better at distracting themselves when they are single. Women crave the companionship that a relationship brings moreso than men.

I am generalizing of course....

Men REFUSE to be single. One way or another they MUST have a woman in their life.

- Response by twocents47, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

Depends on the age. I think between the ages of 26 and 35, there's a lot of internal and external pressure for a woman to be in a relationship. Younger than that and nobody cares. Older than that and she probably doesn't care TOO much.

For guys, other than our moms demanding grandbabies, we don't care.

- Response by istillhatescreennames, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 66 or older

i honestly think its easier for men...lol we women are always the ones that get that question.."so when is it your turn to get married"

- Response by dragonflyfairie, A Hippie Chick, Female, 29-35, Other Profession

I think its about them same and really depends on the person

Definitely a woman. We are self sufficient and don't need to have someone cook, clean, wash and iron our clothes for us...lol In studies men are remarried twice as fast as woman after divorce... See they can't live without us..;-)

- Response by cinders717, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

I think its about the same.

For men and women who are happy being single, it is easy.

For men and women who are not happy being single, it is lonesome and miserable.

I think its more about whether one is happy with where they are in life, than it is their gender. :)

Depends on how needy and attention starved you are.

Some of us enjoy being single and see it as a great opportunity for exploration and growth.

Others think being single is a curse.

People with positive mindsets, regardless of gender, are quite fine being single, and recognize the benefits and freedom it brings.

People with negative mindsets.. just like to wallow in self-pity and complaining about their singleness.

It's way easier for the dude. When people see a chick who is single they assume something must be wrong with her. She's probably psycho. When a dude is single he's just some bachelor out there going to parties and sleeping in. I'd rather be out drinking and taking road trips than dressing up all fancy and hoping someone notices me.

- Response by damnpoor, A Couch Potato, Male, 29-35, Other Profession

I think it's harder for men to be single. Every divorced man I know has run right out & gotten married again within a year of the divorce, while their ex-wives aren't interested in ever getting married again. Most of my divorced gal-friends don't even want to date, let alone get married again - they are relishing their freedom.

I think it's easier for women to be single, hands down: except in very, very rare cases, women don't have to pay for sex.

And I will bet you good money that nearly every single chronically single loser male in his forties that posts on Answerology has paid for sex--recently. ;)

Considering that there are app. 5,000,000 more single women in the USA than there are men... I would think it is "easier" being single and male, at least in terms of options for dating.

Not that there I remember there being anything "easy" about it...

- Response by cd92835, A Career Man, Male, 46-55

I think it's easier for a man.

- Response by An Alternative Girl, Female, 22-25

For a man. Most women once they get a certain age get the questions, when are you getting married, dont you think you need to settle down and have kids, your time clock is ticking. With men they dont get all the questions.

- Response by Morgiee4, A Married Girl, Female, 22-25, Home Maker

I think it's harder for a man. If a woman is single, it's easy for her to get out there and troll for eligible men. Men are everywhere. Men have to do research on women, then gather their courage to go out and try to meet them. This could mean taking up square dancing, or going to the gym, or some other pastime that doesnt really agree. Men make sacrifices to meet women. Do women make sacrifices to meet men?

i think it's easier for a man to be single. women often need the attention and the affection.

Definetly female , women are emotinal freaks that need constant attention. Everything revolves around how they feel, all their decisions are made by this which gives the descerning male a big advantage in any relationship. I have been single my whole life and am damn happy I never married ,all my male friends that went that route are miserable or divorced and broke. As far as a comment made by a prior post about paying for sex don't knock it till you try it. Paying for sex is just like buying a new pair of shoes that a woman always does no difference we both get enjoyment out of it.

- Response by A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55