Calling on PISCES men (and the women who try to date or are married to them).....HELP!
Dating / 6:31 PM - Friday September 11, 2009

I have been "trying to date" a Pisces man that I met in June. He seems to be a great guy with one exception, he sometimes does not communicate with me for a week or longer. I can call, or IM him or send him an email (only once or twice, cause I don't like to hassle anybody) and he won't respond until he is good and ready.

I have seen email stories from a website where there are SO MANY WOMEN that say that they have had enough already of trying their best to deal with a Pisces man.

I am about to "pull the plug" myself on him.

He will say that he is coming over to see me, or we are going (for instance) to a computer show and then out to lunch or dinner, says he can't wait until the next day to be with me and then nothing happens at all! No show, no call!

What am I a puppet? A play toy? At my middle age? Makes me wonder how is previous marriage lasted for 14 yrs. so he says.

He has done this to me several times now, and has really messed up my weekends where I could have done volunteering somewhere or gone somewhere with friends or just somewhere by myself to have a good time cause I don't have a problem with doing things by myself at all. In fact, I did one weekday evening go to a music/ fashion show/crafts show and had a fantastic time

So, Pisces men out there, do you do this to your lady - just go off into another world and STOP COMMUNICATING! Then pop back in and act if nothing happened at all?

Ladies, have you experienced the same or similar with your Pisces guy? I know about having patience, but this is crazy!

In the beginning, I used to tell him about this, how it did not make me feel too good at all that he stopped communication, but now, I just don't say a damn thing!

This may be the LAST TIME that I "allow him" to do this to me, but I don't want to give up too soon.

Anyone can talk to me about "anything", I am a great listener and won't blab it to the world! But he just shuts down or maybe it's something else like seeing someone else. I just don't know.

Update: September 12, 2009.
Well, while online about 20 mins. ago, I got this instant message from my guy: Hey SEXY sorry about last week but I had some REAL issues to deal with that would have affected you and I and I did not want that. I care about you way too much to have that happen. I have to work my foot patrol this evening. The bottom line is I have fallen for you and just have to get myself together to handle all this. I will give you a call later and be to see you when I get off of foot patrol. ----------------------- ----------------------- --- Not sure of just 'how much of this to believe'........but I will see what happens......wish me luck and have a great day!

Update: September 11, 2009.
I guess it does not make much of a difference that he is a police detective going into his 30th yr on the force who works a lot of overtime hours and lives with his 35 yr old daughter and grandson.............I think that by this time next week if I have not gotten any good results I will have to let him go and just go by his house and take him the few things that he has left at my place and let him know that this situation can no longer work for me. He has helped me financially a lot without me ever asking him for a single dime...........from the heart, or at least I thought; maybe he 'thinks' that is a 'hold over me'.........that I need his $$$$ and will put up with anything he dishes out.........but I just may have to give him a surprise to let him know that "I can do bad by myself".........I don't have much trouble finding men, just 'good men'.

I'm currently going thru the same thing you're going thru and no one but you and the others that have been thru this will get it. This IS what Pisces men do. They overwhelm themselves with emotion and then they go off into a cave and reappear out of the blue. It's up to you to decide whether the relationship has enough merit to continue to go thru this because the likelihood of it changing is slim to none. Best bet is to go on with your life living for YOU (because that's for sure what he's doing) and have fun and enjoy the time you spend together when he's around.

You are allowing him to treat you like this.

If someone stood me up without a call, or an apology, I would never speak to them again. You are LETTING him do this do you, so he will continue to do it to you.

Find someone who will treat you with respect.

- Response by myndseye711, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Vladivostok, Technical

My first real relationship was with a Pisces and it could get this way. He still has a hard time holding a relationship. I maintain that Pisces men are only good at one thing... and that's sex. But that's in my own experience. :) I don't think it has to do with the star sign completely though ^.^ It's just how some men are.

- Response by kiokogirl, A Married Girl, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

Drop him...he is just rude and thoughtless. You deserve better.

- Response by oneirishwitch, A Married Girl, Female, 56-65, Artist / Musician / Writer

His treatment toward you has NOTHING to do with being a Pisces. He is a bona fide PRICK. It is as simple as that. And because you have allowed this to happen more than once, you've taught him you are "OK" with that.

Lastly, STOP being so ambivalent and acting like you're desperate with the "not allowing him" yet, "don't want to give up too soon". He's NOT the only game in town and if you have respect for yourself you'll stop allow a man to treat you with such disrespect. He's shown you he has no integrity; no sincerity and he probably doesn't have much honesty either.

If you feel you deserve better and can get better, then dump this PRICK and don't give him anymore chances. If you're a weak, needy woman, then let him keep pulling your chain and continually disappointing you to the point you have your own self imposed pity party. And that stretches across ALL zodiac signs.

You seem to be an intelligent, articulate woman. Why would you allow anyone to treat you this way? You do realize this is very disrespectful and rude, right?

Let me get this straight: You get yourself all dolled up for your date with him, the excitement builds, pretty soon you're looking at the time and it's getting later and later.... no phone call from him, in fact, the man doesn't even show.

It would happen once for me and if there wasn't a whole lot of apologizing and a good story to back it up, Pisces or no Pisces, I would 'pull the plug' as you described it.

- Response by raynonme, A Trendsetter, Female, 46-55, Managerial

If you want to believe that his behavior is due to his star sign, then that's your perogative.

But, manners count for a lot and say so much about a person's character regardless of their star sign.

- Response by cool7, A Trendsetter, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

Oh yes... those pisces.. my father, two of my brothers, and my best friend are all pisces. Men are typically extremely generous,--trips, money etc. However, they are moody, and extremely stubborn. Most love their alcohol as they are a water sign. You must voice your opinion to him EVERY time he gets out of line. If he doesn't soon smartin up, get rid of him. If he worships the ground you walk on , you will see an effort but he may still screw up sometimes as they want what they want. Take my word for it my mother was with my father for 15 years...then left him...brutal!!

- Response by A Career Woman, Female, 46-55, Toronto

Im going throught the same exact thing. My Pisces came out to me at first but now that we've started speaking more and more, he distance himself. I refuse to call him though because I feel like that would just be demanding and I'd rather be met half way at the end of the day. All I can tell you girl, is have some patience if you really want this guy. But don't stop your life for him. And another thing, go out.. Party! Mingle and meet other people. You might meet someone 10x better :). Happy dating

- Response by A Hippie Chick, Female, 22-25, New York, Who Cares?

- Response by thisisyaya, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, San Francisco, Fitness

Just come out of a great 5 month relationship with a pisces, well great up until the end. Long distance relationships are hard, but everything was fine until he started getting money problems and he told me he was a little depressed. All the i love yous and your the girl i want to be with ended this weekend after one last message on facebook friday night saying he loved me and he misses me and then after four days no contact and then he dumps me the day before my birthday on facebook!!!! He wouldnt talk to me on the phone, he just sent me cold hard messages saying he wants space and he cant handle long distance relationships. What is wrong with these guys..how can you be in love one minute and then change the next??????

- Response by michellemilk56, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 36-45, Sheffield

i can tell u this much, i have never dated a pisces before, and i met one online and we decided to starta long distance relationship, he has been so caring, he knows more about me than i know about myself, we talk on the phone video chat and text like every second, one day he just gets up and says he needs space, so i didnt call or video chat 20 minutes later he sent me a text saying he misses us, then there we were again, i have been trying to get my passport to travel to the US for so long to visit him and when i finally got it we were planning my trip there, and two days after he just dumps me and told me he has a lot going on and he does not want to be in a relationship right now....i have been heartbroken since i am trying to pick myself up cause it hurts me really bad...i really do hope that we can work things out but i wont if i realize he just not interested. Please give me some advice

- Response by A Thinker, Female, 26-28, Teaching

Wow! All of these story's sound vary sad. I'm sorry you all are going through these issues with your "pisces men". I'm a 30 year old pisces man myself. I have fallen out of love with girls before but it was due to issues the girl had and couldn't/ wouldn't address. I'm a text book pisces to a point. I understand we all need our own time and that's fine. What is not fine is being all loving one min and completely disconnected the next. We're all decree ant people and all need things. With that said. If you have to deal with a lovers "issues" and your fine with that then perfict! If you can't deal with them then I would say its best to say thank you for the time we shared and move on. Now, I'm a hopeless romantic to the core so even typing those words hurts. But facts are facts. I wish we could all meet the best possae match and live happily ever after and I do believe we can. Good luck to you all.