A guy is flirting with me while he has a girlfriend.
Dating / 3:59 AM - Friday September 11, 2009

There is a boy in this class that I'm taking for about a month now. We started hanging out about 2 weeks ago. I can see that he is really interested in me. He recently defended me when I mentioned to him an argument that took place between me and another friend of ours, which is something that I never expected from him. I really liked how he defended me and that's when I was sure that he is interested in me. I had my suspicions but i wasn't sure.I can tell the difference between flirting and when there is a genuine interest. The thing is I was flattered and I started liking him too. We started hanging out and generally getting to know each other better. I was at a point where I was about to make the decision of taking things further but then I find out that he already has a girlfriend, something which he never mentioned before. I didn't know how to react. The only problem is I think that he is still with her because he is afraid of being alone. I mean I caught him watching me a number of times in class when he thought I wasn't looking. That is not a behaviour of someone that is just flirting is it??? So what is he doing?? Yesterday was our last class but I couldn't make it. So he asked a friend of mine to arrange to go out together the 3 of us someday. That we shouldn't lose touch. Is he worried he won't see me again? I just can't understand his behaviour...help!

IT'S WISHFUL THINKING, ON YOUR PART!
You're reading way too much into it

& from what you say, He's got a g/f!

It sounds like he's not too into this gf, or is a player. Whatever the case, if he does it to her, he may do it to you some day as well. I'd steer clear.

So far, he is just guilty in being friendly. If he attempts something more direct, ask if he has a girlfriend. If he won't tell you, find out yourself. Don't get involved if you know he is taken. Tell him to break it off with her if he wants to be with you.

Good luck and be smart. :D Stay away from players!

- Response by A Hip Hop Girl, Female, 29-35, Other Profession

Realise that:
A, No guy is afraid to be alone, that is a female fear, we have other fears, but not that one.
B. if he is flirting with another women while having a gf and hiding that fact, then he will flirt this way with other women if you two start dating.
C. You thinking he is having a bad time with current gf because he is flirting is your wishfull thinking, not based in reality. Odds are he is having a fine time with current gf he just wants you on the side.
He is a player and you are making up fanciful excuses for his bad behavior.

He has a girlfriend, you don't need to understand his behavior. If he is interested in you, then he needs to be single, until then don't worry about decoding his behavior and move on.

- Response by lk2mvit, A Life of the Party, Female, 36-45, Other Profession