We have been dating 3 months, but only see each other once a week, is that enough?
Sex & Intimacy / 10:09 PM - Thursday September 10, 2009

I have been dating this guy for close to 3 months. Things are going great, the only problem is that we live an hour away and both with our parents. I should be getting my own place in the next month so that will help things, but until then....
Today my mother asked me if we broke up because we dont talk on the phone a lot (we text and talk online) and only see each other about once a week. Once I get my own place it won't be so bad (my mom doesn't let him stay here, and his house is very out in the middle of nowhere).
So I am wondering, do you think we dont have a chance? Do you think this isnt going to work because we don't see each other a lot. When we do get together we have a great time together. We go hiking, up to camp, movies, out to eat, fairs, weddings and amusement parks. I think we are having fun and since it is so early its ok that we dont see each other all the time? If not is there anything I can do to fix this, other then getting my own place so he can come over more often?

- Asked by misfit2oo9, A Creative, Female, 26-28, Teaching

Wow such anticipation of what could be! Is that a little scary? I bet it is. So maybe we want to stay away from thoughts of sabotage. It kinda sounds like those thoughts are creeping in your head. It's ok though. There is a fine line between anticipation and fear. So get excited GIRL! You are about to drop that first hill of the ever so fun rollercoaster. Go with it. Scream your head off while you enjoy it.

Y'see you are thinking there is something wrong with the rollercoaster car before you even get in the car. Stop it. Get the hell in and just groove to it. Stop predicting. Stop wondering. Stop trying to fix. Just get in and start rollin!

- Response by 7zebras, A Career Man, Male, 36-45, New York, Financial / Banking

When I met my husband we only saw each other once a week, maybe twice a week for the first year we dated. Sometimes we would go a couple of weeks without seeing each other. Our schedules just didn't afford any more time then this. Now I will say things progressed alot slower, but sometimes slow is good! You are forced to learn how to communicate seeing as you can't see each other often.

I think if it works for the two of you then I wouldn't worry about not seeing each other often. As time goes on things will change and you will see each other more and more. Something I have learned in my marriage (due to husband's profession) just when you get frustrated with the schedule it changes. So now I don't let our time apart, or screwed up schedules bother me too much.

Plus I like my personal space. So this works out good for us. I think when new couples spend every day together things fizzle out as fast as they start, or it gets boring, then after 6 months the spark is gone and they are wondering what happened. Taking it slow allows you to not get caught up in the infatuation stage, but instead really build a relationship. Good luck!

why do you show yourself as single on here then? I wouldnt think once a week is enough unles you arent having sex.Are you having sex?

- Response by bushy4499, A Jock, Male, 22-25, Who Cares?

I only saw my bf about once a week for years. It was enough for him.

- Response by sunset77, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

It is enough and sufficient to date weekly and arouse it by text or mobile and e-mails. The value of friendship is reduced by frequent meetings.

- Response by A Guy Critical, Male, Who Cares?, Chicago, Who Cares?

No,that's fine. I only see my woman on the weekends. You should be focusing on finishing college,not your relationship.

Finish school and then you will be able to be serious about your man.

once a week for 3 months? hmm lets see....

aprx 4 weeks for each month..... so 4 x 3 = 12..... uve only seen each other 12 times? not enough in my opinion.

- Response by ilovextc, A Rebel, Male, 22-25, Toronto, Student