What happens when you stop texting/calling?
Dating / 9:19 PM - Wednesday September 09, 2009

Do you think he notices when you stop texting and calling? And, if so,what would you think the reason might be? Yeah, a form of game playing but more than that, trying to prove a point!!!

Of course he does, do you think men are all heartless dogs who could care less what you think of us?

- Response by guy506, A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55, Houston, Other Profession

the point being who is in control. Be in control It is very appealing.

- Response by annsea, Female, 36-45, Los Angeles, Artist / Musician / Writer

a girl recently quit texting and calling me as much. i got the point all right. dammit to hell. ugh. partially my fault though.

- Response by kungfudewd, A Career Man, Male, 36-45, Who Cares?

What point are you trying to prove? And yeah, guys notice when you stop talking unless they're INCREDIBLY needy. If that's the case, you may not want to continue proving points to him

- Response by sarahbeth0898, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 29-35, Houston, Who Cares?

I learned a long time ago that if I clearly tell him wtf my issue is with what he is doing, then we can talk about it, clear the air, and be happy together... Games and proving points creates pissed off and feeling manipulated... Rightfully so with my guy...

- Response by siouxzen, A Creative, Female, Who Cares?, Los Angeles, Self-Employed

If a girl stopped texting me all of a sudden I would think she was doing one of three things: Lost interest, which is probably not the case most of the time, Upset with me for some reason and is waiting for me to apologize or something, or playing games like upset because she doesn't want to be the only one calling/texting and waiting on me to call her next. I personally am a big communicator and would call her and get to the bottom of it because it would bother me not knowing. If she wanted to break it off with me she should have the decency to tell me. If she is mad at me, communication is the key to getting through it, not stewing in her anger. And if she is playing games, I would tell her I am not a monopoly board.

- Response by jaygfla, A Creative, Male, 29-35, Managerial

What point would you be proving? He may think that your disinterested, but you and I both know that thats not the truth.
If a man is not giving you the attention or relationship that you want, its silly to waste even more of your time by playing these cat and mouse games.In the end, your feelings WILL be hurt. Whatever he is doing he obviously must not be a into you as you are into him, so just date OTHER people. With the plan you have this is what will happen:
He will notice that his "tag along" hasn't called as she normally would, he will call and be nice enough to keep you interested and then once your a fool over him again, he will go right back to ignoring you, because he wasn't interested anyway, and then you'll be posting another question like this. So as you can see this is a pointless idea, stop calling, and then MOVE ON girly waaaaay too many guys to be stuck on this one.

- Response by misssparkle, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Atlanta, Administrative