My bf wants to video tape us having sex. He says he wants to "record our love." I'm afraid that
Sex & Intimacy / 5:53 PM - Thursday September 03, 2009

if something goes bad and we break up that he'll use it against me or post it on youtube or something else really dreadful. Do you think this is a good idea?

your gut feelin is always ryt, dont do things you're not sure about just to pliz him now and wonder what if everytime. i would ONLY do that if i was married to be honest... he can record your love in his head for now.....lol

- Response by musical85, A Career Woman, Female, 29-35, Student

No. It's OK once you get married. Never ever before. Including pictures.

No matter what he says... your right... you have every right to worry about that "sex tape"

Show me ONE man who's video taped sex -- break up -- and I'll show you ONE man who is about to show the world that clip.

Never forget that.

- Response by skycop, A Father Figure, Male, 46-55, Consulting

"record our love"

LMFAO!!!

What a bullshit, tired and over-used line.

He just wants whacking material.. and when you break up, he WILL show it to your friends, and he MIGHT post it online!

Bad.. Bad... BAD idea!

NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER EVER EVER DO THIS!!! this is something that can haunt you the rest of your life.. years from now after you break up.. you are married or have kids.. run for office.. get a job.. the internet is far and wide.. this is a HUGE mistake.. you say NO.. it can haunt decades from now

NOT a good idea.
Other guys will see that he can control you and tape you to show around. Do NOT do it.

I agree with your concerns and agree it is NOT a good idea for the exact reasons you have given.

I've been taped without permission on two separate occasions and it is NOT fun to find your images floating around on the net without your knowledge.

This is a BAD, BAD idea. He's GOT to be kidding with this "recording our love" bullshit. That video could end up ANYWHERE - and *he* is not the one who will have his reputation and credibility trashed for it - YOU are!

Tell your boyfriend that when he wants to watch porn, he can order it on Pay-Per-View.

A lot of us have made sexual tapes and only a very small few ever get to the web

Then you have to make sure you are the only one with the original copy.

- Response by lom2009, A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55

No offense but girls who allow their bf to coerce them into making sex tapes are plain stupid. There is not one man on the face of this earth that I would allow to do that. And marriage is not a guarantee that some day those tapes don't make it to the web if it ends badly and he's pissed at you. Look at Pam Anderson and Tommy Lee. And Paris Hilton. Yes they are famous but that doesn't mean that it doens't happen in ordinary people too. How many times someone is sueing someone else over nude pix posted online. It is common. Face it...he just wants to use you to excite himself when you're not there and to show his buddies. DON'T DO THIS!

- Response by cinders717, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

If you hesitate and doubtful about the idea then follow your instinct and don't do it. He's your bf and not your husband yet...so there's always the 'possibility'.

- Response by spiritintheair, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Self-Employed

I'd do it ONLY if were destroyed later, in your presense. I have made a few, and had fun watching them with the girl later, but then I destroyed the tapes. I still have a video I made in 1990, 19 years ago, of a girl I was dating doing a striptease for me, in which she stripped totally naked. I have never showed it to anyone, but I do need to get rid of it.

Not a good idea.

no, don't videotape anything, cause next thing you know, there could be 10,000 copies of it.

- Response by daffodils2008, A Thinker, Female, 56-65, Medical / Dental

Don't do it if you feel that strongly. He'll just have to hold on to a mental record of your love. Don't be bullied into doing it!!

- Response by mysticsweetness, A Creative, Female, 36-45

Well you obviously don't trust him but what you could do is insist on keeping it for your property, if he wants to see it you can watch it together.

- Response by anything08, A Thinker, Female, 29-35

sooooooo nottttttt a good idea!!!

- Response by naughtysaint, Female, 29-35, Miami, Home Maker

You should know him well enough now to know if he would do that to you. If you are not comfortable then don't do it. I would ask straight out what he would do with it if that happen though.

- Response by debski, A Career Woman, Female, 36-45, Detroit, Science / Engineering

it depends...making tapes is something i don't do for that reason