What is making me so sleepy and tired?
Diet & Health / 9:30 PM - Thursday August 27, 2009

what is making me so sleepy and tired?

ive been feeling very sleepy and tired all the time for the past 2 weeks now.
i normally get at least 8 hours of sleep, and for the last 2 days, ive had 9 hours of it because i thought i should rest more...
but today, i still feel tired and sleepy.

im thinking it could be the hot humid summer weather but i don't know.

someone please help me!

Update: August 27, 2009.
thanks all. i did my anual checkup on monday and maybe ill find something out when i get the result.

- Asked by laylayla, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

oversleeping can cause sleepiness..although i tend to have the same problem..always sleeping even tho i go to bed early alot, tired all day..i'm anemic. so maybe you should go to the doctor? try to eat more things with iron and see how you feel

- Response by dragonflyfairie, A Hippie Chick, Female, 29-35, Teaching

It could be due to any number of reasons. It is important you get a check up at the dr. so as to rule out any physical problem like anemia or low blood sugar. Then maybe you need to examine if you are sad or bored, and what to do about it. However, before delving too deeply into any psychological stuff, see what happens with the physical exam. Good luck.

- Response by A Married Girl, Female, 66 or older, Philadelphia, Retired

Don't worry! I am sure that there is nothing terribly wrong. There are many reasons for fatigue that are not serious. Not eating properly, eating alot of fast food, not enough good proteins, fruits and fresh veggies. Sugar is a big big culprit and can make you feel great and then drop your energy level fast. Too much caffeine can have a similar effect. You may also want to ask your dr to check for allergies. This is the worst summer for high mold spores and weed pollen. Severe allergies can be incapacitating. Fatigue is very severe in many cases. I hope you feel better soon!

- Response by cinders717, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

Actually, sometimes sleeping too much can cause you to feel tired the next day. 8 hours sounds just about right though. It could be your diet. Do you get too much sugar? Junk foods will make you crash later. The sugar rush is very short-lived. Vitamin B complex - especially B12 - is a great energy-booster, and so is ginseng. I usually drink a red bull or two in the morning to get myself going. Another cause could be lack of physical activity or even depression or stress. There are tons of possibilities.

- Response by kasialace51, A Trendsetter, Female, 29-35