Every time I like a guy my friend steals him away. Am I not good enough for these guys?
Dating / 8:56 PM - Sunday August 23, 2009

It happens all the time! Why can't I find a guy who likes me, not my friend?

- Asked by A Life of the Party, Female, 22-25, Toronto, Student

lose the friends around your man....and really take a good look at who your friends really are.

Find new friends...It's not the guys fault, they probably have no idea you like them, but your friends know and they should give you a chance with him before they pounce..

- Response by almostcoolmom4, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, New York, Other Profession

If they prefer your friend over you, then they are not worth caring about.

Why are you still friends with her? If she can't keep her hands off the guy you like then drop her.

In a way she kind of helps you though, obviously the guy wasn't that into you if he went for her.

If a guy is into you he won't go for your friend.
And one will come along. :)

- Response by npink22, A Trendsetter, Female, 26-28

maybe its not u, maybe ur friend is really just stealing themfrom u next time u get a guy dont introduce them, keep them away from each other

- Response by A Thinker, Female, 26-28, Student

Is it the same gf? If so she could be coming on to him. try just keeping him to yourself, until he gets to know you.or if youre not dating these guys et, just hangin' brush up on your personality. be cheerful, good luck

- Response by A Thinker, Female, Who Cares?, Chicago

Do the guys you like, know you like them? If not, then they are free game. Maybe, your friend isn't "stealing" them from you. They are just more interested for whatever reason in pursuing her instead of you. That isn't her fault. Now, if you had said, she heavily flirts with every guy you were dating. And, they end up falling for her. That would be different. Don't fret about it. Just know that one day there will be a man that will be interested in you. I wouldn't even feel like that was any type of loss if they were that easily distracted by her. They want who they want. You can't help that. So, it has nothing to do with you or her. It might feel unfair. But, there are still a lot of men out there. Just continue making yourself available and expressing an interest in those you are attracted to.

Drop your friend, I guess.

- Response by daffodils2008, A Thinker, Female, 56-65, Medical / Dental

let her know how you feel.. seriously tell her how you feel, betrayed.. and it might be the guy sees her as a easier piece,that's good for you.. but the next time ya are out, tell her i think he's a cutie.. that will be her cue to back off, and if she doesn't .. then drop her like a hot potato.. take care sweety.

- Response by mburgos, A Cool Mom, Female, 46-55, Philadelphia, Who Cares?

Sure you are.
http://www.global-cell- phones.com

- Response by chinaphone, A Career Woman, Female, 26-28, Guangdong, Who Cares?

I had a friend like that in high school. Everytime I liked someone, she would go after them, and since I had self-esteem issues, I never said anything about it. But, when high school was over, I found some confidence, self-esteem, and really never spoke to her again. I feel your pain. Maybe you should get rid of the friend and try to find a guy without her around.

- Response by A Cool Mom, Female, 36-45, Administrative

I don't know what it is with you and the guys but you could sure as hell do without this kind of 'friend.' Let that chick go and fast. Good luck. Chin up. Smiles. :)

- Response by mortaune, A Guy Critical, Male, 29-35, Student

NO you are just TOO good for your rotten friends!

Finds a few new friends. Good friends don't poach from each other.

- Response by 7879386, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 56-65

I don't know what you really mean with her stealing him away from you. I had this kind of friend as well, that all guys fell attracted to her. I liked him, she liked him, he liked her.. and then there was nothing else for me but to feel as awful as you might do.
I think that happens because your friend might have a bigger self-confidence in herself than you do. Guys get attracted by it. If they have two girls, one is more self-confident than the other, then... they go for the other. I used to tend to thing all sorts of things.. i knew it wasn't really her fault to like the same guys as I did, but it became annoying at some point.. whenever I liked a guy and she said she found him attractive as well, then I completely gave up the idea of liking him. And then my life sort of changed. Lol.
When I went out with her I used to behave like her shadow... but with my new attitude of not setting eyes on them, and not even bother to dress nicely for guys, they started to feel more attracted for me than for her. I think the key was just to ignore them completely. Then you become the self-confident and the interesting girl! ;)

- Response by selenne, An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35, Home Maker

If there is "every time" then this time you should tell her ok he is yours I am not anymore. Don't be a friend to her! thats it.

Been there and experienced that....but I tell you what I have learned: A true friend who knows you like someone will not go there with the guy you like, she will step aside and give you a chance with him, after all guys are a dime a dozen. The other thing is most guys who hit on my friend and not on me are usually thinking they can get her easier than they would me, I am too much work for them. She is younger and in better shape than I am and that may be a factor, but to be honest in in the end it does not matter, they dump her after they get or do not get what they want, because they just wanted to play. So I use her as a filter to filter out all the trash out there. A man of quality and with good taste would definetly prefer me to her. I love her but she is the way she is and I can not change her, but I do not feel threathed by her beauty, I know what I am worth ...and only a jeweler knows the worth of a real jewel. So when the right guy comes along he will only have eyes for you believe no matter what your friend does.

- Response by exoticlady, A Trendsetter, Female, 46-55, Miami