Why is it that guys say they don't like clingy, needy girls,
Dating / 7:14 PM - Saturday August 22, 2009

yet nearly every guy I know has a needy clingy and demanding girlfriend?

I have been told to get what you want you sometimes have to be somewhat demanding.

I have heard it said that men like to solve problems and needy females help a man feel in control.

I have also heard that guys like clingy girls because it makes them feel wanted.

What do you think? Is there a fine line here?

- Asked by blindshe, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

A lot of males in our society like to have women they can criticize and put down.

The more needy and clingy she is, the more she will take.

So, sure, they say they can't stand needy and clingy women. The effer doth protest too much methinks: these types wouldn't know WTF to do with a woman who wasn't clingy and needy.

There's no fine line here. It's just a contradiction that comes out of sexism.

I know SO many women who were well-behaved and kept their mouths shut until they had a ring on their fingers. As soon as the honeymoon was over, they tried to start changing him and controlling him. For the most part, men do not choose clingy women...the women are just good at hiding it in the beginning.

- Response by myndseye711, A Cool Mom, Female, 29-35, Managerial

Find me a man with a needy, clingy girlfriend and you have a man stuck with a woman he only wants in his bed, if that. When he wants to hang out with his budd'es, her embarrassment of him is not even thought of.

- Response by thedaimler2006, An Alternative Girl, Female, 56-65, Atlanta, Self-Employed

A very, very fine line... indeed, Hon!
It needs to be straddled like a THONG.

Dont like, but then again you cant actually choose a girlfreind out of a lineup.

Lets see..... blond with big hooters, and a size 2.......a doctor,...and a great 4 star chef.......

You normally have to take what will date you.

- Response by guy506, A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55, Houston, Other Profession

Trust me, there is a double standard here.

1/ They don't like a clingy girlfriends when they want to have a free *MAIN* time to watch the games, hang out with buddies, playing sports, but they will complain if the gfs don't care them in their *SPARE TIME* with her.

2/ If you don't demand, you get nuthing and doesn't matter what the men here saying, thtey still got frustrated and enjoy the gf who make them crazy. Ya know, pain some time can bring a lot of pleasure to our life and help us to become a better person

3/ Men would appreciate a woman who has her emotions in control and that's help them to become a better man in a wonderful relationship with a understand woman.

4/ Who wouldn't want a clingy gfs, someone to think of them every now and then in her mind and always looking forward to see him, and put him priority in her life beside herself.

I think, with a understanding mind, everything would work out fine at the end

- Response by azianchemistry, A Player, Female, 46-55, San Francisco, Who Cares?

I think is a very fine line. I personally have a balance of both.

My boyfriend loves it when I am clingy in a romantic way, but the flip side of that I am in control of every aspect of my life. I guess I just get giddy and playful around him.

It really depends on the guy...

- Response by nodrama, A Cool Mom, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?