Do other countries help the U.S. with tragedies when it happens here or are we the only ones who
Race, Religion & Politics / 12:22 AM - Thursday August 20, 2009

help out other countries?

- Asked by daffodils2008, A Thinker, Female, 56-65, Medical / Dental

We have allies in the so-called "war" in Iraq. Other countries respect us - or at least they did until they wanted to throw shoes at our "president". LOL

- Response by twocents47, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

Google and research all the foreign aid that came in for Katrina.

We are not the only ones who help other countries.

- Response by meowmeowww, A Thinker, Female, 29-35

Many countries help each other out, but no one, NO ONE, is as generous as this country. It is a total misnomer in world history. It is why this country is the greatest one on earth, it is why this country will find a way to rebound and secure itself, it is why I moved here from Europe. This country is amazing. It has more abundance and freedom than any place I have ever been.. and I have been a lot of places...
I know we are in for some serious challenges over the next 20 years and these years will shape this country like nothing ever has.. but I believe in the spirit and determination of the sleeping giant..
;-)

- Response by timeforanoverhaul, A Father Figure, Male, 36-45, Self-Employed

When 9/11 occurred, many countries offered help. Britain, Australia, Germany, Russia (yes, Russia), Japan and so on. The one big difference is that we typically have all that we need to take care of ourselves, but many countries did offer to help

- Response by ecgjyt, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 36-45, Medical / Dental

Well I know that Canada has sent help to the US when need. Recent ones were 9/11 and Katrina that I can think of off hand.

- Response by MaryAnne, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Regina, Managerial

Canada is always there to help...send us their ill citizens, because their health care is so lame.
Mexico too, all the illegal workers we need, or don't need.
Let's not forget WE are the great Satan.

- Response by A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 56-65, Retired

Yes they do help the U.S. During hurricane Katrina and Rita and during 9/11. But that wasn't mentioned because the media was so busy stirring shit.

- Response by sanguinenight, An Alternative Girl, Female, 22-25, Student

I'm sure other countries reach out to help people in the US especially during significant tragedies. However, the US is looked upon as so successful and so giving in emergencies, that sometimes people think we don't need their help because we are so well off and a country well organized. But during 9/11 and Katrina, a lot of help was received from abroad. Good luck.

Kincaid

- Response by kincaidrfd, A Guy Critical, Male, 56-65, Self-Employed

A lot of other countries followed the US into Afghanistan after the Talliban backed Al Qaeda attacked the US. By the way, they all felt betrayed when the US decided to traipse off to Iraq and abandon their allies in Afghanistan. When 9/11 occurred, Canada sent all sorts of relief workers to help.

It's the total height of arrogance to think that the US doesn't get help from other nations. I would suggest that you read non American newsources and read newspapers from other countries and watch newscasts from other countries.

- Response by patresi, An Intellectual Guy, Male, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

i think you just get adored and that should be enough if you want my opinion you are eneblers and you enjoy giving so other countries can never imagine you in trouble

- Response by omu1nand, A Thinker, Female, 29-35

To the person who feels that everyone sends their sickest to the US. No one has more people leave the country to seek medical care than the US does. As a matter of fact, the US basically has more people seeking medical care elsewhere than all of the other nations combined. If I use his standard, then the US seeks more help than everyone else put together.

It has been said for many many moons that the us has provided aid in over three hundred and ninety six international tragedies. If you haven't noticed before now, notice how the word tragedies has the word "DIES" in it. I'm just sayin. Now in all of our foreign relief , in other countries, we have lost eighty nine thousand, six hundred and ninety two human lives , plus some donkeys. I have never seen the Mexican Navy pull up in lake Erie asking if anyone needed any help with the ice storms. Does that answer your question?

- Response by A Married Girl, Female, 36-45